Dell U2713 HM

jb7

jb7

Associate
Dell have them up for sale, should start appearing in other stores soon... hopefully cheaper than £610.80

Man of Honour
I should have the U2713HM with me by monday, perhaps tomorrow if all goes well. expect a full review on TFTCentral very soon and all the questions answered :)

Associate
I should have the U2713HM with me by monday, perhaps tomorrow if all goes well. expect a full review on TFTCentral very soon and all the questions answered :)

Looking forward to that one too. :) I will hopefully be reviewing the U2713HM in the near future as well.

Really looking forward to those :) I very nearly bought a 2711, so might end up going for one of these instead, as long as the price is enough less than the 2711 once it gets to proper stores (hint, hint OCUK :p)

EDIT: Just looked on the Dell website, and the 2713 is listed at £120 (exc VAT) less than the 2711, so hopefully a similar difference is found when it gets into stores.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would lesser resolutions than the native look naff on something like this.

For gaming. Ta

I planned on doing the same thing on my u2711, but it just doesn't stack up when you know what it looks like in native res. Surprisingly, my ancient 5850 plays most games maxed just fine on it (with the exception of the usual BF3, Metro etc, which need tweaking).

I'll be interested to see this, mainly for the portrait mode and usb3 hub though.

Associate
What are these monitors like for gaming (Dell U2711, this new one and the U3011)? Ghost city with bad input lag? or are they pretty good?

With my brief experience with the U2711, I didn't notice any lag.
I was very surprised especially since it's suppose to have around 2 frames of lag iirc...

400-450 quid just a little less than a 2711 i reckon maybe a smidge more

Another retailer has it on pre-order for around £550.
£400-£450 would be an instant buy for me.

Associate
Another retailer has it on pre-order for around £550.
£400-£450 would be an instant buy for me.

You serious?

At that price, you may as well get a U2711. From what I remember reading, the only advantage the 13 has over the 11, is that it'll use less power, as it's LED backlit, but everything else seems to be worse/the same :/

Man of Honour
That's current retail price but remember it is a new model so is bound to attract a higher price point initially. No one knows yet how good it is or how it performs

Soldato
It's also worth remembering that the U2711 retailed for around £900 when it was first brought to market and dropped considerably. Dell usually charge a premium in the UK for direct orders as well and I expect we will see prices dropping once retail competition kicks in properly. As above it would be a bit premature to start judging price vs performance at this stage.

Man of Honour
U2713HM with me now. i can tell you it's using a light AG coating which is almost a semi-gloss appearance, a bit like an AMVA panel :) Not nearly a heavy and grainy as the U2711 or other U series IPS models :)

Back
Top Bottom