Dell U2713 HM

Soldato
U2713HM with me now. i can tell you it's using a light AG coating which is almost a semi-gloss appearance, a bit like an AMVA panel :) Not nearly a heavy and grainy as the U2711 or other U series IPS models :)

Excellent news and exactly what I could see from some unboxing pictures. Look forward to the review as always and hope to get my hands on one shortly. :)

Associate
U2713HM with me now. i can tell you it's using a light AG coating which is almost a semi-gloss appearance, a bit like an AMVA panel :) Not nearly a heavy and grainy as the U2711 or other U series IPS models :)

Fantastic news, this could well be my next pair of screens here, everything so far ticks all the boxes i need. The icing on the cake would be a multi function card reader, but thats by no means a dealbreaker, only an added extra :)

Lok forward to the review very eagerly

Associate
yes, but i'm trying to get this one done quickly (time permitting). hopefully within a week which should be an exclusive first review of the U2713HM :)

Awesome, will be keeping an eye out for that when I get back from my Holiday at the weekend (currently on very poor signal mobile internet in cornwall at the moment :()

Soldato
Im a tad confused on pricing seen 2 places selling the U2713HM but they cost more than the U2711 but Dell has it on thier site for £100+ less than the U2711 this is very strange.

Man of Honour
i had SO many questions about it i wanted to get it prioritised and online. a lot of work but got it done nice and quickly for all you eager buyers! :)

Associate
excellent review, thank you very much. Im an avid gamer who is also a keen photographer, my current TN panel does not cut the mustard from a photography perspective, but the moderate lag may spoil things from a gaming perspective.

hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Soldato
but the moderate lag may spoil things from a gaming perspective.

hmmmm, decisions decisions.

My thoughts also. I want a high resolution 27" monitor but i also game. I would like to smash the Dell U2713 and BenQ XL2420T together to create the ultimate monitor please.

Very tempted by this monitor but i'm not sure if i can justify the price :(

Man of Honour
Hi, does this monitor use the same screen coating as Samsung S27A850D?

Well it's not exactly the same as we're talking about a Samsung PLS vs an LG.Display IPS panel. But they are very similar in terms of the haze of the AG coating. Both very light AG :)

Associate
They sorted the AG?! :eek:

Thanks for the very fast review, Baddass. Between the semi-glossy 27"ers which do you prefer, the Samsung 850D or this Dell?

Man of Honour
the Dell over the Samsung S27A850D personally. more connectivity, less blocky looking design, better default setup, good sRGB emulation mode (not available on the Samsung), higher contrast ratio

that's my personal opinion on the two

Associate
the Dell over the Samsung S27A850D personally. more connectivity, less blocky looking design, better default setup, good sRGB emulation mode (not available on the Samsung), higher contrast ratio

that's my personal opinion on the two
Thanks, I'm glad I held off buying a monitor for a few months now. Should be a nice upgrade from my 4 year old 24" TN.

Soldato
Now Ocuk have these in stock ive no clue what to do, I was about to buy the DGM 27" and a MSI 7950 Twin Frozr today but they are out of stock on the gpu and there are no other 7950s that take my fancy. I really dont think my 560ti would handly the Dell so im in a pickle on the next step to take.

Just ordered it :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom