Desktop 2.0 speakers?

Associate
I have the Q Acoustics M20 for my desktop speakers. They are too deep really but I like them.

On my sim rig I have a pair of Edifier R1280T active speakers which would be a good size for desktop; sound is decent for the money too, I paid £80 on eBay

Caporegime
I recently replaced some tiny logitech with some Presonus 3.5. Put out some decent sound for 100 notes.
I've got the 4.5 since about 2-3 years now.

be careful cleaning cos I blew my left cone, must have pressed on it slightly to hard trying to clean some dust off it.

seems the cones are really sensitive, now it makes a slight hum sound unless I rest a pen or something against the cone :mad:
it's fine if something with decent volume is on though, just annoying when they are idle.

pre

pre

Associate
OP
For anyone looking for future reviews I was swayed away from the Ruarks after the middling feedback and went with Kanto ORAs at about 2/3s price which I'm using laid horizontally. I was heavily limited by fact I have a standing desk and about 20cm depth to the wall.

Would have gone with passive monitors and separate amp if I had space but all other common options were too tall/deep/wide..

Last edited:
Soldato
For anyone looking for future reviews I was swayed away from the Ruarks after the middling feedback and went with Kanto ORAs at about 2/3s price which I'm using laid horizontally. I was heavily limited by fact I have a standing desk and about 20cm depth to the wall.

Would have gone with passive monitors and separate amp if I had space but all other common options were too tall/deep/wide..

Check what I said here regarding the ILoud MTM active monitors. I use these and find them great.

Last edited:
Associate
I use a pair of Adam T5V's and a Scarlett Solo, but these are big boys lol.

All of that probably around your budget if you get lucky with some second hand deals.

But my advice would be try and get some good quality studio monitors and run them off an audio interface.

Last edited:
Associate
Highly recommend the kef LSX speakers, the older pair are on for good prices in second hand forums etc, the sound is epic for the size and the bass is quite shocking considering how small they are.
Get some good pads to decouple them from the desk though

Back
Top Bottom