Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OMG OMG OMG... Please let this be real.

Day one purchase! :D

Oh and this:

omg.gif

Soldato
Its always deuce in my head but from the Latin it would be day-us.

My mind has always been undecided how to say it. Sometimes I say "day-us ex" or "deuce ex", but there's also been times where I say "derrz ex" :p

Edit: Did anyone else notice in the new video that some of the locations/city environment had a mixture of having a futuristic environment along with some very Victorian period looking buildings? This seems like it could be a continuation on from a theme started in the original HR trailers where we see Adam Jensen fly up from his body with angel wings into the sky (sorry can't fully remember details). I just wonder if there is some subtle theme or meaning to it that is more fleshed out in this game?

Last edited:
Soldato
Speaking of Deus Ex, I haven't finished the last one (got it when it came out). Has it been improved with DLCs and the likes or are there any mods for it now? I found it a bit dull and lifeless.

Associate
Is it pronounced day-us ex, like how TotalBiscuit says it, or deuce ex how I've always called it? Forgive me :D

I pronounce it 'day-us ex' also.

The trouble I had years ago when raving about the original to friends was that they initially thought I was referring to a 'day o' sex'. I could do with a sequel to one of those too :p

Soldato
Can't wait!

Deus ex is imo the best game ever made(even if the mechanics are actually pretty garbage in honesty!). I really liked Human Revolution, but hope they improve a few things... Namely adding mele! The system in HR was ridiculous. Also on a recent replay, I realised you can't lean!

Associate
will never be as good as the original Deus Ex. Graphically it will be beautiful no doubt, but the story and gameplay of the original have never been surpassed

Aye. :(

So many devs/publishers nowadays need to revisit classic old school games as the art is being lost with this era of generic gaming.

Man of Honour
Can't wait!

Deus ex is imo the best game ever made(even if the mechanics are actually pretty garbage in honesty!). I really liked Human Revolution, but hope they improve a few things... Namely adding mele! The system in HR was ridiculous. Also on a recent replay, I realised you can't lean!

The mechanics don't really stand the test of time well but you can bypass (literally) most of the more annoying aspects i.e. opening and closing the inventory mid hack to save on hacking tools or lockpicks or whichever it was and/or using 3rd party tools to modify power drain and so on which makes it a far better experience.

Back
Top Bottom