**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Soldato
Yeah, I've ordered two. Gonna open up one and see how it goes, although if I can't remove the stand without taking the monitor apart then I'm done. And it was sold as having no scalar, which we now know isn't true. (I particularly don't care for them)

Will have to do the same - order now complete so should receive tomorrow :)

It has the holes to be mounted - seems silly if its not possible to remove the stand entirely. There must be a way as the similar korean model has swivel functionality etc with a different stand

Associate
Will have to agree that is quite a few! Got me concerned now! but one bad panel does not mean they all will be I suppose so shall have to wait and see what my one is like, would be nice to hear from others who have already recieved them as to how many (if any) dead pixels they have.

none that i can find .. my back light blead does not look as bad as yours however i will say is in the same position/locations, banding your right can just make out the same on an all pure white background.

Associate
Dell u2412m next to DGM

image002-2.jpg

image001-2.jpg

Looking back at the photo here it makes the Dell u2412m seem more vibrant than what in see here in front of me. The dgm everything just jumps out of the screen and really does carry a feel of quality. Do not get me wrong the dell still produces a perfect image but just does not carry that wow factor i guess. Even with the issues the dgm has I am still leaning towards it over the dell, maybe time will tell.

Think i worked it out the ag coating although helps stops reflections does have a sheen which can make the image seen washed out, it is certainly not as impressive as the gloss. Maybe i just have a preference for the gloss finish lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Please post your thoughts on the IQ/input lag of this monitor when you get the chance please.

input lag is good (as in very low), I can't see that there is any

IQ seems pretty good so far, first impression is that it's not as vibrant out of the box as the monitor it replaces, but I haven't calibrated it yet

the no bios is an annoyance and I've got 2 weeks to decide if it's enough of one that it gets sent back or DGM come up with a solution

Associate
Well, mine arrived this afternoon and there's been some positives and negatives so far...

Positives
Image looks very good, even at default settings
No dead/stuck pixels
It's NOT wide gamut, so no over saturated colours

Negative
No bios screen with DVI cable (HD6950) - not tested VGA cable yet
Flimsy stand
Keeps turning itself off!!!:mad:

Well, it looks as though my luck is as bad as ever and I received a faulty one. So far the screen has shut off about 3 times in an hour of use. The screen simply goes black and the power led flashes blue....but very dim...at first I didn't even notice it flashing. The first time it stayed off for about 15 mins, but suddenly came back on when I was on the phone to OcUK Support. So, I told them I'd try it out a little longer, but it has gone off twice more since and I've requested an RMA.

Can't decide now whether to go for a refund or a replacement. The image quality (for me) is better than than a Dell U2711 I owned for a few days (couldn't take the wide gamut colour issues) but the build quality is lacking and will there be reliability issues?

I know it's good value for money, so I'm not expecting the build quality and fully adjustable stand of more expensive monitors, but do I risk another one....

Associate
Well, mine arrived this afternoon and there's been some positives and negatives so far...

Positives
Image looks very good, even at default settings
No dead/stuck pixels
It's NOT wide gamut, so no over saturated colours

Negative
No bios screen with DVI cable (HD6950) - not tested VGA cable yet
Flimsy stand
Keeps turning itself off!!!:mad:

Well, it looks as though my luck is as bad as ever and I received a faulty one. So far the screen has shut off about 3 times in an hour of use. The screen simply goes black and the power led flashes blue....but very dim...at first I didn't even notice it flashing. The first time it stayed off for about 15 mins, but suddenly came back on when I was on the phone to OcUK Support. So, I told them I'd try it out a little longer, but it has gone off twice more since and I've requested an RMA.

Can't decide now whether to go for a refund or a replacement. The image quality (for me) is better than than a Dell U2711 I owned for a few days (couldn't take the wide gamut colour issues) but the build quality is lacking and will there be reliability issues?

I know it's good value for money, so I'm not expecting the build quality and fully adjustable stand of more expensive monitors, but do I risk another one....

I would say why not, if it wasnt for the screen switching its self off would you have kept it? If so then worth another pop if you ask me.

Soldato
The image quality (for me) is better than than a Dell U2711 I owned for a few days (couldn't take the wide gamut colour issues)

What colour issues did you have withe U2711? I'm considering getting one of these instead as I'd like to carry out some photography, design and print work on it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money and if the colour gammut is *good enough* on these DGM ones. I really like the clarity and the colours seem good on the DGM, but I've not seen a U2711 to compare.

Associate
What colour issues did you have withe U2711? I'm considering getting one of these instead as I'd like to carry out some photography, design and print work on it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money and if the colour gammut is *good enough* on these DGM ones. I really like the clarity and the colours seem good on the DGM, but I've not seen a U2711 to compare.
It's all to do with colour management, or lack thereof in many Windows applications, including the Desktop. The colour saturation of images will vary depending upon which application you are viewing them in and they mainly end up looking over saturated. You can mess with ICC and ICM profiles to try and improve/tweak matters, but I could never get the colour to be consistent across the board. That's simply a non-issue with standard gamut displays. Try googling it....there's plenty out there on the subject and it is the reason why some people actively avoid wide gamut.

Associate
Nacho_man1, is that a Dell 2709w/27" other Dell monitor beside the DGM? My eyes can't tell, maybe perspective making the dell look a little 16:10 :)

Last edited:
Associate
MacBook Air
I also tested a mini display port to display port cable that I picked up for about a fiver online yesterday so I could connect my Macbook Air to it, as soon as a plug it in my MBA screen greys out and forces me to restart. Never had that error in the 6 months I've owned it. I tried booting with it already plugged in and the same thing happens halfway through boot.

I'm not sure if this is a failing of the monitor, the cable or Apple. Perhaps minidisplayport to HDMI would get around the problem but I don't have a cable to test. I really want to make sure this monitor is usable with my MBA too, so if anyone has any luck please post up.

You'll need the powered Dual-link DVI cable that is £70ish to run this monitor from the MBA.

Soldato
it would appear the OCUK official response to the bios not displaying issue is "don't know, sorry"

well that's great customer support then, no mention of talking to their supplier about the issue, just oh-well-what-a-pity-never-mind-eh

if nothing else surfaces in the next week or so then mine will be going back if that is the level of support we are going to get on these

Associate
Hi
Received mine today DVI-D & VGA cables came in the box.
I had ordered a DVI-D & Display Port cable at the same time.
I am running a GTX680 & booting from the DVI-D that came in the box there is no post screen, just comes to life when it loads the desktop in windows 7.
I then tested with the Display Port cable that i ordered & i can confirm that you get the post screen & you can enter the bios.
So Display Port is the way to go, which i'm pleased with, as this is the new tech.

Associate
It does seem a lot of Graphics Cards are having the same problem with the system bios and post screen not displaying with this screen over DVI.

I originally thought it was just some Graphics Cards, but it seems it's happening with a lot of NVIDIA Series and AMD ATI Series Cards.

If it where just some cards then it would be acceptable, but it seems this is a problem with the screen itself.

Hopefully they will re-release this screen with a fix for this.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi
Received mine today DVI-D & VGA cables came in the box.
I had ordered a DVI-D & Display Port cable at the same time.
I am running a GTX680 & booting from the DVI-D that came in the box there is no post screen, just comes to life when it loads the desktop in windows 7.
I then tested with the Display Port cable that i ordered & i can confirm that you get the post screen & you can enter the bios.
So Display Port is the way to go, which i'm pleased with, as this is the new tech.

Hi there

Spoke to DGM, it is down to the controller they are using. Hazro have also had similar issues, but in fairness the Hazro does seem to have less issues.

Right now DGM don't seem to have an answer and I would suspect an update won't become available to make it work over the DVI for post screen with certain VGA cards. This is why 14 day DSR is ideal as is the case with these lower cost IPS panels, they are cheaper due to use lower cost components. Such as bezels, controllers, power units etc.

Both Hazro and DGM should be using Delta electronics PSU which are good, but they all use different controllers.

I think people also need to remember, the equivalent DELL and Apple products sell for twice the money, don't expect all the features of them when paying half the price. Fact is the actual image quality within the O.S. is on par with DELL and Apple due to using same LG IPS panel, but the features, finish are not DELL or Apple quality, if you want DELL/Apple features/quality you pay their prices I am afraid.

On the other hand if you want a truly stunning quality monitor (panel wise) then the DGM is a bargain and the Hazro is a great middle ground as it has slightly less issues and in my oppinion has a nicer bezel. :)

Soldato
Gibbo - forget talking to DGM just make sure that you pop a bag of sweets in my order that I just placed as there was a distinct lack of them with the monitor :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom