**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Associate
Well got my monitor yesterday, all in all very happy with it, picture quality is great, no dead pixels, input lag is not noticable to me, operates perfectly well in BF3 and DOTA2.

The stand issue is annoying, but got mine vesa mounted and Im just gonna leave the stand attached, its see through so you barely notice it anyway.

I get the bios issue but I have two other monitors attached and they both show the bios so not an issue really.

All in all a very good monitor so far and I would recommend it even at its current price.

Soldato
Do you have a display port cable to try Biffa...? I have got on coming today from OC as one person posted that theirs would work fine with a DP connection only.

For those who have the BIOS "issue" and you have not connected anything other than a DVI cable have you tried changing GPU drivers in Windows yet...?

Soldato
It might be a long shot but have you tried setting the video output to 'PCI' rather than 'automatic'. There should be an option in the BIOS that is called different things on different BIOSes that will let you set this. I seem to recall a friend of mine having some issues at bootup with an UEFI BIOS and that helped.

Soldato
Even with a VGA cable what I have found is...

I can press delete and the BIOS (Gigabyte Z77 D3H) BIOS screen will work fine and allow me to edit as needed.
BUT when I exit the BIOS I then next see the "starting Windows" logo and message and then the GUI kicks in.

The above seems normal but I know that it isn't as prior to this monitor I would expect to see a POST screen and my memory count etc.

Still as long as there is a solution to get into the BIOS it is no big issue for me. I was hoping that the DP cable would allow a single cable solution.

Like I noted...

For those who have the BIOS "issue" and you have not connected anything other than a DVI cable have you tried changing GPU drivers in Windows yet...?

...as that gets quite interesting.!

Associate
Much the same experience as other people....

Stand isn't the best, and the monitor does tilt forward if it is completely vertical.

No noticable dead pixels...not looked in detail.

Backlight bleed on the bottom right...its noticable, but not a big deal.

BIOS not visible with a 670, so also got a VGA cable connected. Its a pain, but not the end of the world.

Soldato
Do you have a display port cable to try Biffa...? I have got on coming today from OC as one person posted that theirs would work fine with a DP connection only.

Windows drivers won't have any influence or effect on whether the bios shows at start up because the drivers aren't active until windows has loaded.

Soldato
Windows drivers won't have any influence or effect on whether the bios shows at start up because the drivers aren't active until windows has loaded.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make :)

What can happen if you are one of those where it will only work if a VGA cable is connected and you then remove that cable to just boot into Windows and go through the typical NVidia driver installation routine is that your screen will just go black. That is due to the period where Windows is in between drivers as such and thus you are in the same position as you would be in with the BIOS issue.

Updating the driver when using the VGA cable and it works fine through the procedure.

Am i the only one who has pressed the power button on the front to switch it on? thought i had a dud ! Its a fake power button,lol:D

I will not admit to that "spare button" thing :D

Associate
sorry if this is a stupid question but somebody mentioned that connecting the monitor through vga will make the bios/post screen show up...but my asus 670 doesnt have a vga port...how can i hook it up to vga so i can get into bios?
plug it into my motherboard vga? (cant test now because i dont have a vga cable)

Associate
Just got mine and tested via VGA, no dead pixels or vertical/horizontal lines just a small amount of light bleed from the corners but nothing much. Will be arming myself with the aformentioned DVI-VGA adapter in case the bios this happens with whatever GPU i end up getting!

Overall very pleased, can't wait to get the new build to really show it off in 2013 :) time to put some money away!!

Associate
Dammit...am I the only one who ended up with a faulty one...:(

Will be taking it to the Post Office tomorrow and then hoping my replacement arrives next week. I've been a bit unlucky, but an excellent display for the money.

Back
Top Bottom