** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
For a filthy casual is this worth picking up? Is the story any good? is the combat fun?

Personally I'd say story is on par with the rest of them. Probably doesn't mean as much of not played.
Combat is typical ARPG combat, I don't feel any of them feel much different between games.

Soldato
A noob question but when Season 4 starts, will my current Eternal Necromancer be able to benefit from the changes, or will I have to create a new character?

Will I get the new drops? Will I be able to do the new crafting mechanisms?

Last edited:
Associate
A noob question but when Season 4 starts, will my current Eternal Necromancer be able to benefit from the changes, or will I have to create a new character?

Will I get the new drops? Will I be able to do the new crafting mechanisms?
Most of the new changes should be included on the Eternal Realm, so no need to create a new character if you don't want to.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Has the update happened yet ?

Still playing inquisitor and was going to going give this a run once the update drops.

Permabanned
Just logged back on to battlenet after faffing about with an update and D4/D2R are missing from my account :rolleyes:

Don't care enough to raise a ticket. Horrible, horrible seasons. Just wanted to play about a bit with my eternal char.

I really had a blast before this seasonal crap emerged.

Soldato
I grabbed this for 35 euros as I am planning to buy a Steam deck and this looked like a fun game on it, and generally a fun game to just play for 1-2 hrs after work and not think to much.

8 hrs ingame now, level 22 I think, I think Diablo 4 is really great tbh: nice cinematics, music, voice actiing, smooth controls (I play on a 'Gamestir' xbox clone and on a dualsense) very interesting game world, pretty graphics. Generally a well balanced game imo. Works fine with streaming and various controllers...

One things that ****** me off is the always online of it though: I have 1000/1000mbit with 4ms to Google, but it's a rubberband jittery stutter fest sometimes if you're unlucky with the server, even in the cinematics :( . It's not my local pc either, I have it on a 2tb 980Pro, have 64gb of ram, a decent cpu, etc... There is no need for stutter. Even the game menu's (e.g. going to options) is not smooth, why... Pre buffer that **** into RAM. The framerate is always at a solid 60 fps (limited by streaming), why the stutter, perhaps the streaming to Shield is the problem?
IF you get lucky with a decent server, it is highly enjoyable, but I have already found myself closing the game 4 times and restarting in hope of getting a better server. It's not neccessary, just allow offline play for the story, I don't care about pvp, season nonsense, best builds etc, just want a casual game of slaying monsters, exploring the world and story.

First Blizzard game I ever bought actually.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom