• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Soldato
You know fine well you are not getting 5 years out of it :p As soon as 50xx arrives, you'll be all over it! :D

With the rumored starting price of £1999 I think a fair few less people will be buying come October/November especially as we've just entered a recession, Again, And everything else has gone up in price but wages/salaries haven't.

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
OP
With the rumored starting price of £1999 I think a fair few less people will be buying come October/November especially as we've just entered a recession, Again, And everything else has gone up in price but wages/salaries haven't.

That won't stop pc gamers with an itch ;)

It's the 5080 I'll be interested in but a 5090 could be tempting if < £1600, no way we'll ever see a repeat of the 3080 to 3090 perf and price difference again.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You know fine well you are not getting 5 years out of it :p As soon as 50xx arrives, you'll be all over it! :D

Yeah. Who is he kidding like.

He has said multiple time now. Just get a 4090 and be done with it etc. What happens when then UE5 games start to crush his 4090 in a year or two? I will keep saying to him get a 5090 and be done with it! :cry:

And if that don't work I will say get a 6090 and be done with it. By then a 6070 will likely be faster than a 4090 anyway. No way he will keep his 4090 by the and that is less than 5 years away.

Man of Honour
UE5 seems to get more optimised as time goes on and devs mature with the engine, not the other way round. Have yet to see any game/demo that runs worse once optimised properly.

This all assumes that devs don't go stagnant and rely on frame gen etc to get a higher fps count vs actually optimising. But this isn't likely going to be the case going forwards thanks to how AI is taking off in a big way to do a lot of optimisation too and Nvidia/Epic working together now to optimise the engine and add new features without the devs having to do as much work as before.

Personally I think we've nearly reached the feature peak and what happens after that point is just efficiency advances in tech like frame gen and the obvious iterative improvements to super resolution. We'll just see more GPU speed to render the same games at even higher etc as the display tech has now sufficiently advanced for 240Hz OLED or above over the next 0-24 months, for those who want to get such high framerates in games of course. The rest of us will be fine playing at just Gsync 100fps+ lol.

IMO the new 50 series and beyond will be for those who mostly want to play games at the framerates that next gen displays will be running at, 240Hz+ at 4K and beyond.

Generative AI is the current big upcoming thing for gaming, and this doesn't require a top end GPU to execute.

That's now. Won't be the case in 2 years, let alone 4-5. Zero change you will keep it 5 years. Happy to place a tenner bet on it
;)

Don't get ahead of yourself, you already bet that a 4090 will be £1k, the current ETA for that is about a year if I recall based on your last post about this bet. I set a google calendar reminder to jump back into that thread to point fingers. I will wait for that.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Don't get ahead of yourself, you already bet that a 4090 will be £1k, the current ETA for that is about a year if I recall based on your last post about this bet. I set a google calendar reminder to jump back into that thread to point fingers. I will wait for that.

Do you accept the bet or not? :p

Caporegime
OP
UE5 seems to get more optimised as time goes on and devs mature with the engine, not the other way round. Have yet to see any game/demo that runs worse once optimised properly.

This all assumes that devs don't go stagnant and rely on frame gen etc to get a higher fps count vs actually optimising. But this isn't likely going to be the case going forwards thanks to how AI is taking off in a big way to do a lot of optimisation too and Nvidia/Epic working together now to optimise the engine and add new features without the devs having to do as much work as before.

Personally I think we've nearly reached the feature peak and what happens after that point is just efficiency advances in tech like frame gen and the obvious iterative improvements to super resolution. We'll just see more GPU speed to render the same games at even higher etc as the display tech has now sufficiently advanced for 240Hz OLED or above over the next 0-24 months, for those who want to get such high framerates in games of course. The rest of us will be fine playing at just Gsync 100fps+ lol.

IMO the new 50 series and beyond will be for those who mostly want to play games at the framerates that next gen displays will be running at, 240Hz+ at 4K and beyond.

Generative AI is the current big upcoming thing for gaming, and this doesn't require a top end GPU to execute.

I must say this is very true though, recent UE 5 games have been running very well and also highly optimised on the vram front too, using very little compared to some of the non UE 5 games from last year.

I also think we'll see start to see RT/PT getting better optimised too especially as devs start to focus less on raster methods.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I must say this is very true though, recent UE 5 games have been running very well and also highly optimised on the vram front too, using very little compared to some of the non UE 5 games from last year.

I also think we'll see start to see RT/PT getting better optimised too especially as devs start to focus less on raster methods.

In that case may I suggest you get a 4090 and be done with it?

:cry::cry::cry:

Caporegime
OP
It will be interesting to see what nvidia will lock/implement with the 50xx though as the 4090 is an incredible gpu so they'll need something to entice those with 4090s to upgrade.

Associate
That won't stop pc gamers with an itch ;)
Nope, hence after seeing my mate do a whole new build after his PSU died and took out his old machine, I have the urge again! Doesn't help that my brother is awaiting delivery of a 7800 XT today (thanks to the Asus cashback offer, will be a huge jump from his 6600 XT).

But then I look at 4080's and XTX's and can't stomach the price this late in the release cycle. Or can I...

Should probably just clean my PC instead.

Back on topic, it's a shame users have to manually tweak settings to get the best out of features like DLSS, especially when the better preset is already there. Is the preset chosen on a per game basis by default?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It will be interesting to see what nvidia will lock/implement with the 50xx though as the 4090 is an incredible gpu so they'll need something to entice those with 4090s to upgrade.

I am very interested in seeing what we will get. And what the prices will be.

We have never been in this situation so hard to predict. That said, unless Lisa has a chat with her uncle again to fix prices, I can't see nvidia abandoning pc gamers completely by pricing cards stupid like some suggest.

They should up the price on the 5090. The rest of the line should be similar pricing. At the end of the day dodgy silicon which is what cut down cards like the 5070 would be have to still be sold. If you ask £999 for it not many will buy.

If pricing was going to be much more stupid than it already is why would they have released a 4080S and lower the price?

Caporegime
OP
Back on topic, it's a shame users have to manually tweak settings to get the best out of features like DLSS, especially when the better preset is already there. Is the preset chosen on a per game basis by default?

It's up to the game devs which preset to use. But the recommended one by nvidia is preset d as it offers better temporal stability sometimes where as c will have less temporal stability but better motion so devs probably don't do any testing themselves even though it clearly states in nvidias guidance to do their own testing to find which works best :o

I am very interested in seeing what we will get. And what the prices will be.

We have never been in this situation so hard to predict. That said, unless Lisa has a chat with her uncle again to fix prices, I can't see nvidia abandoning pc gamers completely by pricing cards stupid like some suggest.

They should up the price on the 5090. The rest of the line should be similar pricing. At the end of the day dodgy silicon which is what cut down cards like the 5070 would be have to still be sold. If you ask £999 for it not many will buy.

If pricing was going to be much more stupid than it already is why would they have released a 4080S and lower the price?

I think we'll see better prices with 50xx but it is going to still be crap in the grand scheme of things:

5090 - probably like £1600+
5080 - probably £1000 (offering 4090 matching or beating perf)
5070 - probably £700

Of course 5080 will look like a bargain given the 4090 cost but not really a bargain..... And then of course amd will come in £50-100 cheaper :cry:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's up to the game devs which preset to use. But the recommended one by nvidia is preset d as it offers better temporal stability sometimes where as c will have less temporal stability but better motion so devs probably don't do any testing themselves even though it clearly states in nvidias guidance to do their own testing to find which works best :o

I think we'll see better prices with 50xx but it is going to still be crap in the grand scheme of things:

5090 - probably like £1600+
5080 - probably £1000 (offering 4090 matching or beating perf)
5070 - probably £700

Of course 5080 will look like a bargain given the 4090 cost but not really a bargain..... And then of course amd will come in £50-100 cheaper :cry:

Will AMD even have a card in that performance bracket this time?

They really need to drop the we are premium stuff and price the card properly. That said will there be enough silicon to supply the demand of a properly priced card?

Back
Top Bottom