• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Soldato
@Narj Here's a crazy suggestion to try out. I actually play on my TV and close to it, and for Cyberpunk I actually like doing either UW (3840x1620) or SUW (3840x1350), mostly the latter lately but at 85 FOV instead of the usual 100 for UW or 16:9... but here's the trick - not with black bars but compressed into the TV's 16:9 native aspect ratio so no screen space is lost. It feels frikkin fantastic in this game due to the first-person perspective (particularly the driving - esp the 'cycle), and the closest you can get on a flat screen to what the real experience should be for it - in VR. It will take a minute to adjust to it but once you experience it then there's no going back. If you have a 4K TV then move your PC there to test it out for a bit, it's worth the experience. :cool:

The vids are non-RT because I was using that recently in Dogtown but it's also happening with RT (I did playthroughs both with/without RT for all AAs). In fact, even worse then, but that's a whole 'nother discussion. Tbh there's a lot more to show, and vids can be done much better to showcase everything but... I'm already over it. In the end, like I mentioned vis-a-vis performance it's mostly an academic discussion anyway and usually after 3 posts I'm already over it. :cry:
Sadly just finished PL and am quite disappointed with it and the direction CDPR's going. Vanilla was a flawed work of genius, but now it's bleah. A waste of 3 years, and little hope for the sequel. Guess we'll see with the new Witcher; this almost feels like it was their Mass Effect 3 moment. Gonna go back to pre-PL anyway because the Sun is borked sometimes and it's awful looking in the early hours. Hadn't really touched it in almost a year so just came back last week to finally give PL a go. Now... time to go back to touching grass I suppose.

SdvBWRl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Sadly just finished PL and am quite disappointed with it and the direction CDPR's going. Vanilla was a flawed work of genius, but now it's bleah. A waste of 3 years, and little hope for the sequel.
Yeah, I unfortunately have to agree with that. Thought the core game was pretty solid after all these years of patching, but PL just seemed to be "hollywood drama" for the sake of it with no new real gameplay; the final mission just got on my nerves.

Man of Honour
How can you guys see it like that though when literally the wider gaming community and outlets applauds PL which could on its own be a stand-alone DLC? It has everything that makes a great game, top tier characters with lore, action, exploration, new distinct weapons only available through PL, emotional rollercoaster etc.

I was sad to see PL end as wanted a lot more, but at least a whole bunch of story characters blend in and out of PL and references throughout the city to PL are to be found as well.
but... I'm already over it.
So what you're saying is the discussion has ended once a video (the last one especially) showing that XeSS is better in motion than FSR gets posted with no compromise? :p :p

We can just leave it at that I am fine there :cry:

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
How can you guys see it like that though when literally the wider gaming community and outlets applauds PL which could on its own be a stand-alone DLC? It has everything that makes a great game, top tier characters with lore, action, exploration, new distinct weapons only available through PL, emotional rollercoaster etc.

I was sad to see PL end as wanted a lot more, but at least a whole bunch of story characters blend in and out of PL and references throughout the city to PL are to be found as well.

I was glad it was over. Had fun playing it, but calling it a great game I could not. Good game sure.

I think I could not stand that girl. Forgot all the characters names already. All I remember is İdris Alba was in it :cry:

With games I really like I tend to remember characters names.

I hope they have a better story for Cyberpunk sequel and deliver on all the promises they made years ago. I want to see a game world the world changes more based on my actions and choices matter. This game did not feel that way at all to me.

That said I did have a lot of fun playing my first playthough. Just not getting pulled in for another playthrough.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
FW ships with 3.5.10, the version all games as of late have shipped with and we've all been using, updated all the games I have with DLSS with this version now though :p

Does latest version always mean better though? As in is it better in every game?

As I recall with DLSS 2.x some games were not always better with latest version. But this was a while ago. I could be remembering wrong.

Man of Honour
That was back when DLSS dictated the sharpening bias and ever since then, NIS has fully replaced that old school sharpening process and is far superior.

There hasn't been a game I've seen yet where the latest DLSS file negatively impacts the game, either stays the same or incremental improvements really.

In Cyberpunk before the game shipped with the dll version 3.5, manually swapping it would result in better detail and ghosting control for example.

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom