Poll: Do you buy games digitally or on disk?

How do you buy your games?

• Digitally

Votes: 37 35.2%
  • Disc / Cart

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Mostly digital but the odd disc

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Mostly disc but the odd digital

Votes: 34 32.4%

• Total voters
Associate
I tend to buy digital copies from places like G2a for the xbox for the convenience.
I usually buy older games though when the price is way down. Currently playing assassins creed origins which was around £10 for the deluxe edition.

Soldato
I get both, probably more on disk due to cheaper prices and the ability to resale/trade in once I'm done. I do like the convenience of digital though so get those when the price is right

Soldato
I always try to get disc, pick them up months after release sometimes longer for vastly cheaper second hand. And they still have some value, unlike digital.

Soldato
I get both, probably more on disk due to cheaper prices and the ability to resale/trade in once I'm done. I do like the convenience of digital though so get those when the price is right
Yeah, this is essentially me - I just meant if I bought a new game tomorrow its on disk (for the exact reasons you give)

Caporegime
OP
The Crew is being pulled by UBISOFT

"In addition to The Crew being removed from purchase on all digital platforms, Ubisoft revealed on the Steam page that the servers will remain online until March 31, 2024. After that, "the game will not be accessible anymore."

I think this is also the disc version.

Last edited:
Associate
On PC digital but on console usually disk just to have the option of reselling if needed down the line. Plus games are too expensive digitally and can usually be purchased cheaper on console on disk. If they lowered the price of digital or allowed digital trading this would probably change.

Last edited:
Soldato
Digital is so much more convenient. But with that convenience you have to accept that the game has no resale value. Most of my game purchases over last couple years have been digital.

Digital really should be less expensive for a variety of reasons.

Caporegime
OP
Digital is so much more convenient. But with that convenience you have to accept that the game has no resale value. Most of my game purchases over last couple years have been digital.

Digital really should be less expensive for a variety of reasons.
Yeah I’m a loving picking up cracking games like Titanfall 2 ultimate edition on Sony playstore to play again in the lounge on the big TV for £3
:D

Back
Top Bottom