Does hoovering up spiders kill them?

Soldato
this is happening inside your hoover as we speak:

spidergif.gif

Soldato
No. Hoovering a spider is like time travel to them, before they reach the container, they vanish to another dimension! :O

"Roads ... where we're going, we don't need roads."

Genuine lol's from em for that one :p

I also cant understand the issue with spiders - yes I've hoovered up quite a few of them to keep my OH happy. And though I've never done it, holding a tarantula wouldn't phase me in the slightest - spiders just don't bother me at all!

Its moths what you need to be scared of! The horrible things go for your face at night time :(

Quoted for the horrible truth it is - moths just freak me out completely. There's no way I could be in the same room as one! My OH and I have a fair deal = I take care of the spiders and she takes care of the moths!

Associate
Moths are horrible :(

6 of those big ones came through my window one night while I was playing L4D2, I'm pretty sure they were laughing at me shouting **** in a girly voice :p

Spiders I can cope with I just get a cloth and crush them with my hand :) Unless they are big I just do the glass trick with them.

Soldato
am i the only one here not bothered about spiders or moths.

wasps and bees is what turns me into a little screaming girl

*edit*
post fixed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quoted for the horrible truth it is - moths just freak me out completely. There's no way I could be in the same room as one! My OH and I have a fair deal = I take care of the spiders and she takes care of the moths!

O man, i hate the things!

Was just only telling my neighbour earlier that i went to sit in the car the other night and as i went to put the key into the ignition, a massive one flew up into my face. Felt it bounce off my lip....

Jumped straight out of the car and left the doors wide open for about 30 minutes. Horrible things!

Soldato
O man, i hate the things!

Was just only telling my neighbour earlier that i went to sit in the car the other night and as i went to put the key into the ignition, a massive one flew up into my face. Felt it bounce off my lip....

Jumped straight out of the car and left the doors wide open for about 30 minutes. Horrible things!

My OH still likes to remind me of the time a moth flew through the air vent of the car I was driving - and how I actually tried to open the door and depart the vehicle at 50MPH :o

Caporegime
My OH still likes to remind me of the time a moth flew through the air vent of the car I was driving - and how I actually tried to open the door and depart the vehicle at 50MPH :o

we once had a huge moth in the house it must have had a 4inch wingspan, the missus hates them and so do i so she gets to dispose of them :p

she whacked it with a tea towel and it went behind the TV (big arse crt back in the day) we couldnt be bothered to move the TV to find it lol

5 days later no word of a lie the exact same moth came out from behind the TV and flapped in my wifes face :D

i guess it was injured and healed itself or something

Permabanned
When I am older, I pledge to make a bomb that destroys all spider. I don't care what the repercussions are!

I was always told it was very unlucky to kill spiders.

If i find them i always put them outside, i did have a pet bathroom house spider that i would feed.

And i like moths, used to keep tiger moth caterpillers then release them all.

http://www.rothamsted.ac.uk/Research/Centres/PressReleases.php?Centre=SEF&PRID=1

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2009/07/17/tiger-moths-jam-the-sonar-of-bats/

You just don't see them any more.

Soldato
I like spiders, if they're being annoying I'll put them outside, otherwise I let them stay. Sometimes I even catch flies for them and watch them feast on them.

Back
Top Bottom