Does hoovering up spiders kill them?

Soldato
All I see is a friendly, harmless, fly-eating ally.

Out of interest, how many years of mental conditioning/SAS training/removal of fear processing brain regions/toughening through torture/hypnosis/emotional de-sensitising through forced exposure to grotesque images/meditation/hard drugs/etc did it take to achieve that point of view, and was it worth it considering the significant change in your character/outlook on life/attitude towards humanity that it must have caused?

Soldato
O man, i hate the things!

Was just only telling my neighbour earlier that i went to sit in the car the other night and as i went to put the key into the ignition, a massive one flew up into my face. Felt it bounce off my lip....

Jumped straight out of the car and left the doors wide open for about 30 minutes. Horrible things!

I hate moths so much :(
I'm petrified of them :(

Associate
Last night I needed to urinate... like we all do. I went in shut door behind me and turned around then made the loudest noise ever when I Saw possibly one of the biggest house spiders i've seen in recent years.. in my fear i leaped over it and exited.

My woman heard this and was highly amused but realised why when she saw it.. Its now under a rather big glass just next to the toilet. I held my bladder for quite a while..

Its still there, I hope to let it free once i'm up properly and so is the woman..

Soldato
How can you tell?

Because of the size im presuming its a female, dont think male T.Blondis get quite that big.

It is due a moult and its abdomen has a big bald patch...either that or its been kicking a hell of a lot of uricitating hairs...which i doubt most people would then try and pick up :p That patch will go dark before it moults

Soldato
Really don't understand why people are scared of spiders.

Its moths what you need to be scared of! The horrible things go for your face at night time :(

I have a full on phobia of those bad boys. Spiders, well creepy crawlies in general are no problem whatsoever - I used to chase locusts about when they escaped the clutches of my geckos.

Moths on the other hand scare the shizzle out of me. I have absolutely no idea why but if they come near me then it's shriek like a girl time.

:(

Associate
15287.jpg

Soldato
I hate beetles because they are very loud when knocking into things and they dive bomb into your face for no apparent reason. At-least they're easy to catch.

I also don't like spiders if they are any bigger than a golf ball, not really had many encounters with moths before. I seem to have got over my bee/wasp problem unless it's one massive bee, the normal size ones don't bother me unless it flies into my face.

Associate
Flys annoy me so I like a spider or two around the place. Although I do now have a cat which is a fly destroying ninja so their life spans are even lower now.

Back
Top Bottom