DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well looks like im also out. No collections in norfolk or suffolk by the looks of it, I certainly aint going to peterborough or chelmsford to pick up my items.

SPIE - why are us country folk being alienated???? BAD FORM OCUK

I live in Lowestoft in Suffolk, City link had a depo in Ipswich and Norwich, so getting pascels wasn't to bad. From the list of DPD depo's you posted, im stuffed, if that is indeed the full depo list.

I'll have to take my bundles of cash to your competitors.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Well looks like im also out. No collections in norfolk or suffolk by the looks of it, I certainly aint going to peterborough or chelmsford to pick up my items.

SPIE - why are us country folk being alienated???? BAD FORM OCUK

I live in Lowestoft in Suffolk, City link had a depo in Ipswich and Norwich, so getting pascels wasn't to bad. From the list of DPD depo's you posted, im stuffed, if that is indeed the full depo list.

I'll have to take my bundles of cash to your competitors.
You don't need to go to your depot to collect because DPD are the most reliable courier I have ever experienced.

Here is some data.

Claims
In the last week we have not had cause to make a single claim for loss or damage with DPD. Not one. With DHL we had to submit claims for a minimum of 10 instances of loss or damage per week. Sometimes this figure rose to 15.

Exceptions
In the last week DPD failed to deliver 0.6% of consignments on time which equates to 6 consignments per 1000 (most of these were the result of customers providing an incorrect postcode). DHL's exception rate was 3.4% which equates to 34 consignments per 1000.

Put simply, the change to DPD has resulted in a vastly more reliable and careful delivery service.

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Any updates on the situation? Have you considered the possibility of using Fedex to deliver to Gibraltar ?
Odin, thanks for your patience.

We will be re-introducing DHL International, but unfortunately they still need to sort out the overcharge on our account. Big companies don't work at the same speed as OcUK and as a result this is taking longer than I'd hoped. I have just spoken to our Financial Controller and asked her to chase them again this morning.

Fedex are an option but at much higher cost to DHL.

Associate
Ive used fedex before myself and they have seemed to be pretty reliable. Obviously cant say that will be in all situations. Sometimes a little higher charge is ok if the service warrants the cost.

What I was not willing to do was pay a lot more for a poorer service i.e. Parcelforce.
But ill keep my eyes open and check for updates.

Associate
My missus ordered me a bundle a couple of weeks back with DHL and the box arrived with a great big hole in it... all working fine but none-the-less, glad to hear you've changed courier!

Godfather
Godfather
OP
So what happens in the event that I miss delivery because im out?

Do they re-attempt delivery the next day free of charge? How many times will they attempt delivery before it goes back to a depo?
All covered here.
For people that are concerned about missing there delivery DPD will drop a card off for you. Card B http://www.dpd.co.uk/shipping/arrange_re-delivery.htm

You have four options available to you :-

1) Upgrade delivery - You can contact DPD and up grade to a premium servive i.e AM service or Saturday service.

2) Change Delivery - You can change the delivery address for your order so it goes to an alternative address.

3) Collect From Depot - As it says you can arrange to collect form your local depot

4) Leave in A Safe Place - As it says you can arrange to have left in your porch, garage or shed or with a neighbour.

Also all DPD drivers are tracked by GPS so if they say they are going to be there they will be.

Xon

Xon

Associate
Odin, thanks for your patience.

We will be re-introducing DHL International, but unfortunately they still need to sort out the overcharge on our account. Big companies don't work at the same speed as OcUK and as a result this is taking longer than I'd hoped. I have just spoken to our Financial Controller and asked her to chase them again this morning.

Fedex are an option but at much higher cost to DHL.

Hi,

This is also a huge problem for me (Malta) as delivery cost has gone up for a vastly inferior service. DHL was simply excellent with delivery time taking less than 48 hrs each time I ordered; Parcelforce always took a week at least. Also, I was about to buy a video card and delivery cost is huge for such a service:

Euro 48 £35.00
International Priority Signed For £21.86.

Will DHL international be reinstated for us too? Do you have any news by when? Are you also reconsidering getting something like half price shipping for loyal customers like you had at one point?

Godfather
Godfather
OP
Don't worry, I'm very aware of our Malta customers. Half price shipping for forum members abroad could be reintroduced if DHL International returns. At the moment we'd be losing money on any orders.

I'm on the case. I hope to have a solution as soon as possible.

Xon

Xon

Associate
Don't worry, I'm very aware of our Malta customers. Half price shipping for forum members abroad could be reintroduced if DHL International returns. At the moment we'd be losing money on any orders.

I'm on the case. I hope to have a solution as soon as possible.

Soldato
Any news to report on so far? Still got my order pending :(

Hi,

We're just waiting for confirmation from DHL International that collections are resuming before we add the options back to the site - obviously don't want to jump the gun in case there is any delay on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom