DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Tbh these threads are always the same. When ocuk moved from citylink to DHL people cried out in praise and people slated citylink. Now DHL take the hit and DPD get the praise. At the end of the day most people who post on a thread like this are people who have had an issue and have a way to get it out of their system. Every delivery company will have problems, granted some more than others, you're just the unlucky few if you do. And i guarantee were ocuk to ever change again then it would be the same - people slating DPD.

This is so true.

I have never had any problems with any of the couriers used before.

We also use DPD amongst others at work and haven't had any bad reports from our customers.

Associate
Personally I never had a problem with either City Link or DHL but then I usually get most things delivered to my office...which is in Central London.

Got my first delivery from DPD today (around 11:30). So that another company to add to the list of delivery without problems.

As I mentioned earlier (quote), i've never had a problem with any of the couriers OcUK have used.

I wasn't sure who DPD were but when the driver came to deliver (to my office) it was actually the same driver that delivered our company moblie phones:), so it looks like Vodafone also use DPD.

Soldato
first experience of DPD is a very good one.

Courier just arrived on schedule with the first parts of my I7 rig (case to come on mon).

I always like to be there the first time with a new courier so i can see if hes gonna be a regular etc.

Guy was great said he is the guy for this area, i asked what would happen if i missed a delivery he said with my permission he will leave anything next door which is good for me.

Not even a dent on a parcel im well impressed so far :)

Associate
DHL worked fine for me (our guy was even in a proper van!) and delivered promptly. I put an order in last night and noticed the courier change so I shall see how DPD fare on monday.

Soldato
OK, really not happy with DPD.

Ordered £300 worth of stuff on thursday evening, obviousely couldn't be delivered by Friday so not a problem, today however I find that they have delivered it and it has been signed for, and my house was empty.

Turns out they delivered it to house 2 doors down from me, to people I don't know.

If it was a £10 DVD I wouldnt mind, but £300 worth of kit to a random address is not what I call smart.

Will not being using them next time unless I can make sure they don't do this again.

Associate
At least you've got your's now :D still waiting on mine and I ordered mid day thursday :(

I suppose I have an advantage, living 3 miles from the nearest house, so they would have a job delivering to the wrong address :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom