EA WRC -

Soldato
IMO, racing games and fighting games should be 100% stutter-free so it definitely affects my enjoyment and I think it's a lazy job that I should've refunded after all, especially considering it's not even close to looking next-gen.

It's indeed true that everything EA touches turns to ****.

The gane itself I really enjoy but the execution and the technical side of it absolutely not.

Last edited:
Soldato
And bang, it's at 30% off for DR2.0 owners now barely a month after release (not even a month, frankly, as the discount's been in effect for a few days already).

A nice little slap to the face for early supporters on top of all the performance problems. Seems like they won't even bother fixing anything if they're going this far.

I think it's my first contact with anything EA touched and my second preorder in my life and I just got reminded why I never do that:p Also, yeah, never touch anything with an EA logo again unless it's in the bargain bin at 70% off.

Associate
New drivers vs old(AMD).
Artefacts are fixed now and a little performance improvement(in 1% lows, not sure about average fps as i use 120fps cap)
3440x1440, high graphics(very low car reflections), FSR balanced, EPIC AA.
oldvsnew-wrc1.png

Last edited:
Soldato

32km and 12 stages of Central European Rally being added on Thursday*

*Aside from it just being Czech and not including Germany or Austria. Which someone was the point of a Central European Rally.

Still, patch notes are long and a step forward**

** Which should have been like that on release

Soldato
Latest patch has still not fixed some stutters for me, don't think it will ever be super smooth from start to finish :(

Even when you crash or go through a water splash it stutters :rolleyes:

Soldato
I don't think they know how to fix the stutters, they chose a ****** engine for it. They were even forced to use planar reflections for the cars because of UE that tank performance like CRAZY while still looking worse than in DR2.0.

Stutters on impact still happen for me too.
Well, it is what it is. I'll just keep playing it anyways, not like there's anything we can do.

Last edited:
Soldato
Keen to buy this, shocked to see VR support still hasn't landed.

is the game still a stuttering mess? If so thats going to suck in VR.
Stuttering is nothing like it was on release. Admitedly I have a 4090, but I suffered from it massively on release and I may now get a frame or two stutter at the start of a stage, but otherwise it's fine.

Last edited:
Had another play tonight and have adjusted the graphics, set AA to ultra and it looks amazing now. Very smooth and sharp, no longer washed out. I think I will be sinking some more hours into this now. It's what I wanted from the start.

Edit: I guess no-one cares lol

Last edited:
Associate
^ thanks for the feedback, I was holding off on this until VR support released. Only problem is my handbrake gave up the ghost a while back and couldn't be repaired and now the warmer weather is here I don't tend to game. If this had arrived a couple months after launch it would have been alright! Will hold off till the autumn now.

Back
Top Bottom