** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Underboss
My H105 needs replacing around Xmas, the 360 looks like a good replacement.

Looks nice, the QDC's are not that nice but I like the idea of having an option to add the GPU block setup!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
company is from slovenija, right? where do they produce stuff, rik?

ever been here? :)

yeah, they produce most of the stuff in house with some of it being outsourced

ive not been but do plan on going snowboarding over there at some point.

EK invited me over when they moved to their new officed but I couldnt attend sadly.

will make a visit over there at some point i am sure.

Looks like a copy of something else ive seen. Trying to think, the rad was copper fins and silver shroud, and could be had with a pump option built in and flow meter.

Edit: Found it Aquacomputer airplex modularity.

the the airplex is an ok product but the performance of the rad was average really and they are eye wateringly expensive.

Soldato
At last some epic easily maintained kits ! temps should be good to , whats that white think qdc possible to have one without kinda spoils the look .

I was looking to get fractal design kelvin s36 and Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Full tower case and fit it on top .

i think i will hold on and wait for those .:eek:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
i think the point of the QDC is for people who dont know what theyre doing so much.

if you only plan on cooling your cpu then you would just get the 240

if you plan on including your vga at a later point and dont want the qdc then you would probably be adept enough to just replace the tubes with clear stuff anyway and do a semi custom loop or whatever.

guessing that is the thought behind it anyway.

also you have to remember they are clearly trying to hit a price point to be competitive.
a DDC and a proper rad cost a lot
as does a good CPU block

so adding £20 worth of QDC fittings to their costs is just going to hike the cost of the unit up.

Associate
the QDC is basically there so you can add a GPU to the loop easily. I will agree though, its not the best looking thing ive ever seen.

Once i have got my hands on one and got confirmation of how it works and done some testing, we will be offering ocuk tech labs versions too.

but in stock form, they are pretty bad ass anyway.

a stock tech labs version with gpu block added to the loop aswell?

EDIT - jumped in too quick. saw the post saying you might make some with gpu added in :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the look of this, standard fittings are a massive plus but are the fittings glued/sealed in is one question or can they be removed (this was a big question on the raijintek devices and they glued there compression fittings in!) Even if not, could easily replace with clear tubing and as its ekwb gear im sure using mayhems wouldn't be an issue?

Interested is certainly an understatement.. always wanted a semi custom loop but the leaks on raijintek devices made me walk away.

Soldato
Probably asking a bit much for the price, but is the rad aluminum, or copper?

Says copper on below image...

EK-Predator%20240%20features.jpg

Back
Top Bottom