** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
you can't have 2 pumps in a single loop.

you can, dual pumps isnt common these days with the inclusion of failsafe settings on motherboards, tacho readouts on pumps and smart controllers like the aquaero.
but you dont need that. you may as well just have a predator unit, then include another radiator into the loop if you need one.

the single DDC pump will be enough to include another rad and a graphics card with ease.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Predator cooling performance comparison!

We have announced our new EK-XLC Predator product line last week. Predator is pre-filled and pre-assembled CPU liquid cooling unit that will come in two different versions; 240mm and 360mm and provides extreme cooling performance unseen in the AIO segment so far. If you missed the big news, you can read it here. Today we are giving you a sneak peak into cooling performance of the upcoming Predator 240 and Predator 360.

We have tested a wide range of the most popular AIOs on the market. Since both units (Predator 240 and 360) will only be available for Intel CPU sockets, we have tested the following two models; Intel® Core® i7 5960X (2011-3 socket) and Intel® Core® i7 4770K (1150 socket). Here are the comparison graphs for average temperatures we achieved with different AIOs. We are comparing them by their radiator size and we measure Delta T (ΔT) that represents the difference between ambient room temperature and the CPU core temperature.

Ck5fsr7.jpg.png
Intel® Core® i7 5960X (2011-3)

Intel® Core® i7 5960X (2011-3), with a base clock of 3.0GHz, was our pick in the high-end desktop processor segment. While many users with AIOs still run their CPUs at stock frequencies, we overclocked our 5960X to 4.4GHz at 1.15V to really get a true insight into the cooler's performance. As we can see above, the size of the radiator plays an important part in keeping the chip cool. Predator 240 comes out as a winner in the category of 240mm radiators, mainly due to the superior design of the Supremacy MX water block. Full copper radiator also helps in efficient heat dissipation, whereas the majority of other models have an aluminium radiator core. If you plan on cooling down only your CPU with the emphasis on overclocking, Predator 240 proves itself as an excellent choice and has enough overhead for adding another GPU water block into the loop.

vl3pdNf.jpg.png
Intel® Core® i7 4770K (1150)

Intel® Core® i7 4770K (1150) runs at 3.5GHz stock and like with the 5960X, we overclocked it to really stretch the muscles of the tested AIOs. 4.5GHz at 1.23V was the overclocked frequency. In the 240mm radiator category, Predator 240 beats the competition by a 4-5°C due to Supremacy MX water block which is much more optimized for the platform. Moving into 360mm radiator segment, Predator 360 is a clear overall winner with 48,32°C ΔT. Keep in mind that both units are fully expendable and you can always add additional blocks, radiators and even external reservoirs to the loop.

"By combining all of our flagship products, experience and knowledge into the Predator, we have managed to set a new standard for all-in-one liquid cooling solutions and this test proves that", said Niko Tivadar, EK's Chief of R&D. "Newcomers to liquid cooling will get extreme performance that will give them the chance to confidently start overclocking their hardware, while maintaining their PC silent and their loop always ready for expansion."

Predator 240 will launch on September 23rd 2015, priced at 199$/£140.14, with Predator 360 following on October 19th 2015, priced at 239$/£168.3. Both units will only be available for Intel CPU sockets. AMD versions are planned for release in 2016.

Preorders for Predator 240 will start on 23th of August at http://predator.ekwb.com and at selected EK resellers. EKWB is commemorating this historical moment with FREE Express Worldwide Shipping on all Pre-orders placed directly at EK web shop.

Click spoiler for large infographics
pFo2mbl.jpg.png

0pFhgBt.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
Large infographics indeed :D

Temps are pretty much what I expected although I don't know what the load application was and how consistent it was. I thought the Predator 240 would do better than that compared to other 240mm CLCs but goes to show how you can only do so much before Intel gets in the way.

Soldato
Good results. I love things like this as I don't have the patience for full water cooling so this and hybrid cards like the 980ti/TX are a godsend.
Is this the optimal setup or can gains be had with push/pull?

Caporegime
Should be ok, changing out the setup in sig to a 5820k on an msi x99 mpower board. Which is a bit less bulky round the CPU area than the formula. Seen some rads struggle with this board in a few cases due to this.

Caporegime
I personally think that the more voltage/stress that the cpu is under then the more these units will shine :cool:

If I was running a clocked X99-based system then these would certainly be my first option :)

(they can be HOT bitches!!!!!!!!)

Caporegime
Yep, heard they are hot chips. Though unsure if they're as bad as ordinary haswell. Would have been interesting to test this on both. But doubt if ill have the 4790k by then.

I'm going to hold out til Cannonlake, 2h of 2017 sounds just about right (considering the res that I play at) :)

Back
Top Bottom