Enshrouded

Soldato
The Steam Next Fest demo will probably be ended shortly after I post this but I liked it and yes it reminded me of Valheim. The building will have more depth, though it could be a bit fiddly in the demo. You can dig underground too so that's going to please the home makers out there.

I built a starter hut but did end up spending a bit more time adding some details. You can add NPCs to your home so I ended up with my personal Blacksmith in the basement forge :)

KnEehCh.png

Man of Honour
Played the demo, thought it was superb, imo its actually going to be a Valheim beater, mostly thanks to the superb voxel based building

Last edited:
Soldato
Am hoping it is better optimized when it's launched. Got good FPS but it didn't half make my GPU scream at points, had to turn down the settings to get it to stop as limiting the framerate didn't seem to work.

Liked what I did play though

Associate
The demo ran silky smooth on my laptop (i7-9700, 16GB RAM, laptop 2060).
Really enjoyed it, although only played SP, didn't have a chance to try co-op.
Definite buy from me :)

Soldato
OP
I was running on my 2nd system (5700G + 3060 Ti) attached to a 1080p 43" TV but it wasn't tearing despite the 60Hz display. Had to leave FSR2 on to avoid bad grass shimmering etc.

Bot bad for an early demo.

Man of Honour
I played the demo and loved it, the building mechanics are just so flexible, I mean who doesnt want to make this....

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Surprised there isnt more interest in this!

Launch today, but my Zotac 4090 took a dump and is awaiting testing to be replaced :(

Been waiting since early to get access but not released yet. Twitch/X page doesn't help!

"We're Keen Games, an indie studio based in Frankfurt, Germany. Enshrouded is now available in Early Access on Steam and GeForce Now!"

Soldato
OP

Now available.

Soldato
OP
So funny been waiting for ages to play and the first thing I find is an invisible door bug exiting the first chamber. Not sure if just re-starting or changing the display settings fixed it but got out eventually :)

Associate
Didn’t like Palworld or Valheim or many survival style games for that matter but something about this makes me wanna play.

Plus all those aforementioned games reviewed really well, this sits at mixed meaning I might enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom