European/World Football Leagues 2023-24 (aka Kane/Jude/Sancho Goal Watch)

Soldato
3-1 to Bochum and Bayern down to ten hahahahahahaa

8 points behind and 12 games left

Out of the DFB Pokal, lost the supercup and down in the champions league :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
I have to hold my hand up and say it's incredibly hard to know the value of Ole as an actual coach after his United stint and what we know from managers/experiences either side of his tenure.

Keiran McKenna and Carrick have done some great work since at their respective clubs though and I can't help but think the United debacle of how the clubs been run actually softens the critical look at Ole. Whether it was manager 'mismatch' with the players, he was quite symbiotic with the culture of molly coddling and fostering them on the image of 'You've made it to the biggest club in the world, just let your talent do the talking'.

It would be great to see him go somewhere else, can't help but think Bayern would be a savage step for him mind...

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
It would be great to see him go somewhere else, can't help but think Bayern would be a savage step for him mind...

They would eat him for breakfast. I might be wrong but I get the impression that Barca team is full of good players who know they are good players and there is far too much selfish play whenever I watch them. Whenever I watch a replay of them they are wasting probably 2-3 goals because one of their forwards decides to take a shot or go it alone instead of passing for a tap in or a much easier finish.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Mbappe joining Madrid to the surprise of no one end of the season. 150million signing on fee and 15 mill per season..

Mbappe has played an absolute blinder her. PSG have literally dumped truckloads of money at his door for years and now he is a free agent he is getting essentially £38m/year from RM over his contract.

Wonder what will happen to Vinicius Jr?

Soldato
Mbappe has played an absolute blinder her. PSG have literally dumped truckloads of money at his door for years and now he is a free agent he is getting essentially £38m/year from RM over his contract.

Vini could just switch wings? They may look to offload rodrygo to balance the books.

Soldato
I'd be surprised if it's not in their plans to have a super trio of Bellingham vino and Mbappe. Thcoumeni/Camavinga/Valverde behind seems incredible.

Next summer they sign Haaland too?

Associate

Yeah, but he could have spent years winning trophies and individual accolades. Instead he's wasted the early part of his prime (I know he won't peak until the next 2/3 years, normally) doing nothing except getting rich. Which I'm sure is great fun. But he should have been trying to reach the same level as Messi and Ronaldo etc. with the talent he has.

Man of Honour
Regarding peak years, one point I typically make is that the absolute elite wunderkids, who were bossing the biggest matches as teenagers, is very often they peak at a younger age compared to 'normal' players. Players like Owen didn't reach 27 years old and be massively better than he was at 18, Messi was already extremely good at age 24-25 (91 goals in 2012, it's not like he was banging in 110+ at 27), etc etc Like say a typical player is at maybe 80% of their peak at age 21, the ones that are already really good by that age are probably at more like 90% capacity by then and hit their peak or very close to it by 25. They actually improve less proportionally compared to average players and don't get a huge upgrade in their late-20s.

You get players that do flourish and become much better at age 27-28 compared to early 20s, but very few of them were elite as teenagers like Mbappe / Messi / Owen / Rooney / real Ronaldo etc.

In summary what I'm trying to say is the players that are really good very young like Mbappe don't mature in the same way as normal players, it's like they have a much steeper skill:age curve in their early years and then it flattens out a lot compared to the smoother improvement you see for a lot of players.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd be surprised if it's not in their plans to have a super trio of Bellingham vino and Mbappe. Thcoumeni/Camavinga/Valverde behind seems incredible.

Next summer they sign Haaland too?
Come off it. They are going to be paying KM an absolute fortune each year and a signing on fee that they have to pay in instalments. It's not like they just get to pay City whatever they like and they aren't exactly able to spend like they did previously. No way he will want to go there on less than KM, no more than Ronaldo would've joined Barca for less than Messi was on.

City would want 200m to even consider discussing it. Madrid cannot afford that.

Back
Top Bottom