F1 2016

Man of Honour
OP
maxilive - yup, those settings have helped. Pretty much where I want the handling to be now.

The AI is so much improved. Can actually battle them now side-by-side through a corner without them jumping out the way!

Soldato
So I ran the benchmark this morning at 1440p....with a 1080gtx BUT that was running at MAX settings with SMAA&TXAA, 16x AF, and it averaged I think 85fps with a min of 65. 970 should be fine, just not quite all the bells and whistles :)

Good to know! :) Thanks!

Soldato
They've coded the AI to be a lot more agro but to get the best use out of them you have to drive like an F1 driver as well, as in leave space and no dive bombs from 200m :p They go into avoidance mode then and bail out. Also when they are trying to overtake and you go for the apex without leaving room they will back out to avoid a collision.

Tuning the difficulty in career by choosing a lower level car and the right difficult should make for some awarding races. Most of the complaints I see about the AI backing off or spinning them out has been to lack of awareness of the player most of the time with them closing the gap of swirving into the AIs path. As always AI has its quirks though :p

maxilive - yup, those settings have helped. Pretty much where I want the handling to be now.

I'm glad that feels better :)

Soldato
Anyone else having quite major bugs or crashes?

Sometimes when i restart a session due to going on the gravel or losing a wheel the sessions resets but the car keeps throwing up gravel even in the garage?

Also crashed twice, once on start up and once right after finishing a race :(

Soldato
How much different is it that f1 2016? Is there controller support? because 2015 went mental on my xbox one controller. I'd probably wait for a price drop but it's tempting to buy it though.

Man of Honour
OP
Anyone else having quite major bugs or crashes?

Sometimes when i restart a session due to going on the gravel or losing a wheel the sessions resets but the car keeps throwing up gravel even in the garage?

Also crashed twice, once on start up and once right after finishing a race :(

Not a single crash yet.

Caporegime
hot lapping now.im addicted but some of the corner clips lap wont count is driving me crazy :D

literally a millimeter sorry lap wont count :p

you really need to be clean to do well.

Soldato
How much different is it that f1 2016? Is there controller support? because 2015 went mental on my xbox one controller. I'd probably wait for a price drop but it's tempting to buy it though.

On PC it should support all the drivers but I'm not sure if the rumble triggers work with the Xbox One controller. Everything else should be working fine and you have the options to tweak sensitivity.

In terms of being compared to F1 2015 there is a LOT more features with the main one being the fleshed out career mode with R&D, practice modes with objectives, rivals and team tactics etc.

Also Time of Day and custom weather scenarios seem to have people pumped.

Man of Honour
OP
Two things I am loving at the moment -

Delta times - my goodness they add a lot to hot laps.

Weather - codies have always done this well. Time of day in Australia has a massive effect on the track lighting as it does in F1...but then some clouds started to roll in. Slowly blotting out the sun and then the threat of rain. Very impressive.

Associate
Really enjoying this, can see many hours going into it.
Feels just perfect on ye olde DF GT wheel, just reduced the wheel weight to 50%, and dropped the enviro feedback down, else the gravel traps shake the monitor off the table :D

Baku is going to take some mastering, that sharp uphill corner gets me so often, but it does'nt make you angry like dirt rally does at times when you mess up.

Had to drop the settings down to medium to get playable fps on a 760.
Looks stunning on Ultra but it's a slideshow. Guess you need a 1060 or equivalent for ultra (1440p)

Soldato
I like F1 racers. I had 2013 then 2015. Is it any difference in just racing (ie similar to 2015 in feel) . Not interested in career modes and stuff just getting in and racing. Thanks

Soldato
I like F1 racers. I had 2013 then 2015. Is it any difference in just racing (ie similar to 2015 in feel) . Not interested in career modes and stuff just getting in and racing. Thanks

The handling has been changed from 2015 but it is fairly similar. The tyre compounds have a slight more variance as does the weather, heavy rain is very tricky! Also little changes such the 3D curbs and less grip on the grass will have you changing your racing style a little bit.

For actual racing the bigger changes would be the formation lap, manual starts, manual pit entry and the more aggressive AI. The new TOD and improved visuals might help things feel fresh as well.

Man of Honour
OP
Managed a jammy quali position due to some bad weather. Glad the race objective is still realistic though. I always hated it when you would qualify high, but then they would give you some unrealistic race objective even higher again!

Soldato
Damn I'm having trouble with it...

I fill in all my details for Career mode, select my team, then I'm left hanging at the loading screen... Tried twice, hung both times :(

Soldato
After a little googling - found that the issue is with 144hz monitors. Tried the refresh rate setting "Auto" and "143" and it always hangs during loading screen. Tried the step down from that (think it was "119"), and I'm through :D

Back
Top Bottom