F1 2016

Man of Honour
OP
I haven't bothered with these for years, but I like a lot of what I have seen. Tbh this had gone off my radar. It is also promising that codies are happy to have given out copies already. They seem to have totally geeked out with this.

Tougher AI and AI that doesn't just follow a line, I have seen some great battles.
Debris from cars in front.
Tyres that weaken as they wear and can get punctured by kerbs.
Strategy options that can change as the race goes on.
Formation laps.
Pitting under safety car.
Decent R&D paths and feedback.

Seems to be the closest game we have had to real F1. Will probably be more exciting than the real thing :D

Man of Honour
OP
Same.

We had some fun doing the time trial modes every week with the likes of you, CaptainRave and Mr.Fantastic being consistently the fastest. I've not touched it since really. Actually I think I got 2013 for the old school cars and tracks which was pretty fun but I didn't really get into it like 2010/2011.

If I can get this for £20 or less like previous years then yeah I'll probably pick it up.

Yup, I still have great memories of those races. Some real close and real fun games we had. I haven't touched it since either apart from quickly firing up 2013 the other day that I seem to have picked up in a sale.

Like you I would be looking at around £20 or less.

Man of Honour
OP
Looks great so far. Not getting as many fps as I hoped so have turned off TAA to SMAA and shadow settings down a little.

Just faffing with my wheel now, it always takes me ages to find the sweet spot. I should write down my settings somewhere!

Man of Honour
OP
What wheel do you have? I have a t500 and the only time I've had to mess around with the settings was when automobilsta was in very early beta, but it works great straight out the box now.

Logitech Force EX. Have always found a good sweet spot in the past, I just need to fiddle with steering sat and lin.

Man of Honour
OP
Love the points system for developing the car. Real incentive for doing laps in practice now....:)

Yup, makes it worth doing.

Have ended up with a steering deadzone of 6, seering lin at 75 and sat at 35. I don't remember ever having such high values. I think my wheel is wearing out :p

Feedback on a 100 for all settings, but might dial this back a bit.

Loving the live TV feed from the pit lane!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
am I the only one finding the framerate a bit choppy? even when I lower the settings right down I get drops, but the small drops feel massive.

When racing, no. During interviews/career stuff, yes.

This is the best F1 game for a while and the best codies have produced. Brilliant so far.

AI significantly improved too.

Man of Honour
OP
Can't play on controller as it's too sluggish, but then my wheel wont stop shaking like mad and destroying my desk on straights, no matter the deadzone! Looks like I won't be playing this for a while until I can sort this out :(

I had to switch off all of my logitech force feedback settings and to let the game do everything. I am still getting a little shaking, but turning up deadzone and turning down force feedback environmental effects helped.

Man of Honour
OP
I've just had a word with the handling team here and for Logtiech wheels the profiler is set to 100, 0, 0, 0. Then in game I can't remember all the settings but most set to 100 then FFB/Weight set to 50-70 depending on preference. As you go higher with the FFB you'll start to lose the nuances of the FFB effects as you saturated the motors in the wheel.

Obviously this is just the settings they've been using to setup the FFB curves for the game so you'll need to tweak some settings for your personal taste. I know for me I like a very aggressive turn-in so I can dive bomb at apexs without too much movement but that makes it awkward for longer corners.

Good tips, thanks :) - I will make those adjustments.

Finding this a good challenge! Trying career mode on hard. I tried the next difficulty up, but I think that might be a future challenge :)

Man of Honour
OP
maxilive - yup, those settings have helped. Pretty much where I want the handling to be now.

The AI is so much improved. Can actually battle them now side-by-side through a corner without them jumping out the way!

Man of Honour
OP
Anyone else having quite major bugs or crashes?

Sometimes when i restart a session due to going on the gravel or losing a wheel the sessions resets but the car keeps throwing up gravel even in the garage?

Also crashed twice, once on start up and once right after finishing a race :(

Not a single crash yet.

Back
Top Bottom