F1 Season 2024 - Pre-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Halfway through January and it feels like we're still in F1 "winter" but not too long to go until the first car launches in early February.

Announced Car Launch Dates

Williams
: February 5
Stake F1: February 5
Alpine: February 7
Aston Martin: February 12
Ferrari: February 13
Mercedes: February 14
Red Bull: February 15
McLaren: TBC
AlphaTauri: TBC
Haas: TBC

Pre-Season Testing Dates (Bahrain International Circuit)
Day 1
: Wednesday, February 21. 10AM–7PM
Day 2: Thursday, February 22. 10AM–7PM
Day 3: Friday, February 22. 10AM–7PM

Last edited:
Soldato
Allegedly the FIA aren't happy about 'billboard' team names, and I can't say I blame them. Hopefully they stamp it out, otherwise we'll end up with the stupidity they have in the BTCC, like 'AlcoSense Breathalysers Racing' or 'GoMobileUK.com with tech-speed'
I'd have to agree, it is getting silly now. The team internally is called V-CARB which I guess is better...

Associate
Shirley this is all to get the commentators to have to repeat the team name (visa cash app - red bull) over and over again with millions watching..

if they choose to use vcarb.. is there anything the team can do to stop them?

Soldato
I've not really been into F1 but for some reason I've found myself watching the 2001 to 2004 (so far) race highlights and getting into it quite a lot. Even if right now I'm more familiar with Montoya, Button, Schumaker, Jordans and Minardis than current people. Also the commentary seems wierd with the current people compared to whoever commentated in the early 2000s. I'm also watching F1 Manager long plays and I'm getting some fun current knowledge from that too

So I'll probably start watching this season assuming I can find a way as I don't have Sky

Last edited:
Soldato
I feel like it's a silly question but I want to understand it so feel free to rip me...

Why do they reveal their cars at all any day before the first practice session of the first race of the season, risking giving competitors an advantage in seeing their work and potentially copying it etc?

Soldato
I feel like it's a silly question but I want to understand it so feel free to rip me...

Why do they reveal their cars at all any day before the first practice session of the first race of the season, risking giving competitors an advantage in seeing their work and potentially copying it etc?
Because the cars tend not to resemble what arrives at the tests and the first race.
I think this question must be asked each year :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom