Farage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The conservatives and Labour are already seen as having a massive disconnect with people across the country who voted leave. It would not take much for people to decide that UKIP is the only party that would give us control of our borders.

You have to remember that the majority of the UK outside of the more affluent areas have still been in recession since 2008, if not since before. There is a lot of resent for the main parties right now.

This.

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
Guys I know we pwn3d remain and their insurance didn't pay out, that it would be the end of the world if they did lose...

But we should give them some safe space while they deal with their mental issues.

Remainers are experiencing anxiety, denial and anger after defeat in the referendum.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...ing-it-hard-to-deal-with-eu-referendum-result

"Feeling like your value systems have been attacked by the majority of the country can be isolating. Social media is a good way to feel a connection again with like-minded people".

Someone should tell them that their social media just got kicked in the balls so hard with this referendum that their liberal worldview is literally starting to fall apart around their ears lol. :)

Caporegime
Interesting that you pick a part of the article that essentially says "people use social media to seek a connection with people that think the same way as them" and then use social media (in this case a forum) to unite against your common enemy, in this case the 'remain' side.

Both sides of this argument can do groupthink and suffer from a warped sense of reality.

Caporegime
Yes I agree... Who achieved the biggest upset in politics in an era.

On a quick note: UKIP are now accredited as being the "new" labour party.

Got 4m votes nearly at the last election too as well... Totally useless though

UKIP doesnt exist anymore. I'ts served its purpose. The money man behind it has formed a more mainstream party and Farage doesnt "fit" in it anymore and isnt welcome.

Soldato
Same way Nige is my bud I suppose.

I have responded. Dave said its a referendum not a neverendum... Just in case you missed the tweet. The majority had to be one. As it so happened is was 1million+

Because this is a thread about Nigel and every time someone criticises him to you you start talking about other politicians. What have they got to do with the thread about Nigel Farage?

You're not even managing to answer direct questions.

Associate
Interesting that you pick a part of the article that essentially says "people use social media to seek a connection with people that think the same way as them" and then use social media (in this case a forum) to unite against your common enemy, in this case the 'remain' side.

Both sides of this argument can do groupthink and suffer from a warped sense of reality.

I was more targeting Facefools, Twitter no swearing, disguised or otherwise and Tumblrinas with that remark, those were the millennial chumps too lazy to get out of bed and vote who are now crying into their beer. It's beautiful. :)

I wouldn't clump this forum in with that dross.

Caporegime
Same way Nige is my bud I suppose.

I have responded. Dave said its a referendum not a neverendum... Just in case you missed the tweet. The majority had to be one. As it so happened is was 1million+

Agreed there is no second referendum and there won't be and definitely shouldnt be one so what are you going on about?

Caporegime
The conservatives and Labour are already seen as having a massive disconnect with people across the country who voted leave. It would not take much for people to decide that UKIP is the only party that would give us control of our borders.

You have to remember that the majority of the UK outside of the more affluent areas have still been in recession since 2008, if not since before. There is a lot of resent for the main parties right now.

Smart money is on Lib Dems to gain massively from this fiasco.

Soldato
Out of interest, are you a paid up member of UKIP?

Nope, not a member or affiliated with any political party or organisation. Don't believe in sticking to a party since that parties views might not align with my own as the party rhetoric and mp's change.

Which is a problem with quite a few voters as they feel the need to remain aligned with a party, yet the way I see it the lib/lab/con are now just different shades of the same thing at the moment. And have been for the past decade.

Caporegime
We don't have to maintain freedom of movement in or out of the EU. And a lot of people would feel betrayed if that happened and it would increase resentment, similar to if the leave vote was ignored. hence why there was a majority of near 70% off all constituencies voting leave.

This had the largest voter turnout since 92, people in less affluent areas are far more adamant on control over our borders as they have to deal with the most negatives when it comes to freedom of movement.

The economy and country will keep ticking even if we had WTO trading, people seem to think that we have to be in a protectionist customs trade block to do well. we don't.

So what you are saying now, despite every leaver saying otherwise, its all about immigration and keeping the coloureds out? right,..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom