Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH (Remake Part 2)

Soldato
I just have to say the graphics in this game are great (barring a few nitpicks and the ambient occlusion not being the best sometimes).

The first town and the grasslands weren't that impressive, but as you go through the game it gets better and better. It's just a pity that to fully enjoy them you have to play at 30 FPS (I am used to a lot higher on PC), but at least it's smooth (unlike many PC games which stutter).

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a fair few instances of frame rates coming to a crawl on PS5, mainly when there's lots of enemies on screen and damage numbers due to AOE attacks. For example, the cactuar crush games in the Corel region.

I had to double take at my media unit when it first happened as I've occasionally forgot to open the door to the PS5, only to hear my PS5 turn into a rocket trying to cool itself. Only the door was wide open.

Soldato
110hours and finished my first (probably only) play through.

I liked all of the main story beats although I'm not sure how I feel about:

Aerith - is she, isn't she dead type thing. I'd always wished there was a way to bring her back in the original but it's such a massive part of the story I kind of wished they'd just left it how it was.

I did like the extra bits with zack though.

Up until chapter 12 I was making sure I was completing everything. All world intel (except for the proto relics on Gilgamesh Island), all of the mini games as well as on hard mode but I realised I was really starting to burn out and if I didn't just ignore the last few I might give up on the game before seeing the end of the story, so I did just that.

I platinumed both Remake and Intermission and had planned to platinum Rebirth but from what I understand it'll take about another 90 or so hours to do that and I've lost all motivation for it.

My overall thoughts. Enjoyed the story a lot (for the most part), way too much side content/mini games. Will look forward to the conclusion in part 3.

Soldato
This game is absolutely overwhelming, it dwarfs Remake in every regard (aa expected, obviously).

There's almost too much "game" in this, which is a weird complaint to have but it sometimes feels like that:p

They definitely went in a bit too heavy with the minigames but I don't mind that much, I still feel compelled enough to do as much as possible but I don't push myself to 100% everything, nor do I feel forced to. A lot of this stuff is actually pretty entertaining anyways, even if it does break the pacing. It's super-reminiscent of the Yakuza formula.

Midway theough chapter 8 and still really enjoying the combat, the music, the atmosphere and sheer variety of environments and the quirkiness of it all. More than I thought I would, TBH. Loving Queen's Blood in particular, it's really addictive.

Not sure how I'll feel about it by the end but it's so relaxing to play and fun as a whole after 30-something hours that I can't see myself rating it below 8/10 even if it drops the ball later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom