Fireman Sam the Islamaphobe.

Soldato
The image is too blurry to make anything out surely.? Unless my eyesight has suddenly got worse it's not even legible.

In my opinion it looks like an extract from my book I have yet to write. Where should I send the bill for usage?

Edit: saying that having found the video it does certainly have the same page border as the one the guy spoke about;

Best video despite all the stupid in image text.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at the screenshot on the linked page the page looks to me more like sheet music rather than arabic text ... whether it was different when viewed in the video I of course can't say.

As with all these things you have to also ask the question who is taking offense ... the people who could be offended or others on behalf of the people they think might be offended .... the latter seemingly being more and more of the problem ...

Soldato
Certainly was insensitive to make it a passage from the Quran. Probably just through ignorance rather than malicious but i do find it hard to believe that the animation studio didn't know it was from the Quran.

Soldato
Miqdaad Versi, assistant secretary general of the Muslim Council.

What a joke.
:confused:

Did you read his tweet? He didn't actually say he's offended. He simply said it was a wasn't a good idea and that he was "baffled" by it.

I see no evidence of offence being taken by him.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you know there are sensitivities around a religious text, and you still stick it as an easter egg in your cartoon as a slapstick prop, then you're making a statement whether you mean to or not (and whether or not it was an overt decision or something slipped in by an employee or sub-contractor).

I don't think it should be a particularly big deal, and people don't necessarily have to be offended, but it's still obvious why the makers have apologised.

Soldato
oh come on. if it was Genesis written out on that paper, nobody would have given a stuff.

Christians don't attach the same value to the book itself as Muslims do. Dirtying a Quran by chucking it on the floor or stepping on it is about as disrespectful as you can get.

I find it very hard to believe it was done by accident, and in this case, the reaction is justified.

Soldato
This is what he steps on:

gKNtDe9l.png.jpg

Not quran, so that's fine.

this is what everybody is up in arms over:

dKbWB6tl.png.jpg

Quran. It get knocked up in the air as Elvis falls over. S09E07 03:10 onwards.

i cannot believe i just watched that on netflix because of this. Load of fuss over nothing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom