Fireman Sam the Islamaphobe.

Soldato
Yes, but why should others have to cater to that? One should not enforce their beliefs on others.

Nobody is enforcing beliefs here. The case is that we shouldn't go out of our way to be insensitive to others' beliefs, even more so in the past 15 or so years where tension is high. "Because i can", "It's my right" and "It's PC gone mad" etc isn't relevant. It's how we should get a long with one another.

Just because some people have beliefs and a way/meaning through this pointless insignificant life that others can't comprehend (on both sides), doesn't mean that you should take jabs at them, their beliefs and way of life just because you think you should be able to because it's your right. People are get offended by offending people. It's madness.

Why can't people just respect one another and get along?

Humans suck.

Soldato
Looks pretty similar to me. Just basing on the circular objects placement I have no idea what it says.

it's Surah Mulk (67), verses 13-26

Edit:I've removed the tweet, some pretty nasty replies in there

Muslims care. Its a serious offence defacing the Qur’an and I wouldn't be surprised if the animation studio and TV receives death threats now.

Is it defacing, then? All they did was reproduce the passage. didnt the guy in the tweet i linked to do the same thing? what's the difference?

Last edited:
Permabanned
I quite honestly thought it may have been seen to implicate the East destabilising the West. One could read so much into something like that, and try and create a cause for offence for all parties showing any concern about it.

Soldato
"Never trust people who have only one book!" : Billy Connolly :p

ALL religion is utter tripe... made up stories from the past as people tried to make sense of things they did not at the time understand. It is an in built part of the human mind to make up a "god" figure to explain the things that have no rational explanation.

Its quite possible to live by a moral code without the need for religion and it annoys me when door knockers and busy bodies tell me that without "god" i cannot be moral.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/taqiyya.aspx

Last edited:
Associate
I wish we would all stop bending over backwards so as not to upset the Muslims. If its the Quran or a page from the Bible it's only a bleeding cartoon. Even in the cartoon world religion causes bother.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
How on earth did anyone spot that? If you've got time to watch a frame by frame step through of each Fireman Sam episode you've got bigger issues than someone offending your religion.

Also I now have the theme tune stuck on loop in my head.

Soldato
Was it an actual page for the koran or just a page with Arabic looking squiggles or it?

Nuka_D08h_png.png

Looks pretty similar.

Soldato
Damn there's some vile people in those responses.

Yeah ive removed the link didnt read the replies. Vile indeed, could you remove it from your quote please?

Ive re-upped the image instead:

SJCR7RPl.png.jpg

What's the difference between Versi tweeting an image of the passage and that passage appearing in fireman sam. I'm pretty sure it isnt defaced in any way, so somebody please explain?

How on earth did anyone spot that? If you've got time to watch a frame by frame step through of each Fireman Sam episode you've got bigger issues than someone offending your religion.

Also I now have the theme tune stuck on loop in my head.

To be fair, its really obvious that it's Arabic in HD.

Last edited:
Caporegime
ENOUGH OF THIS !!!!!! The Quran, and Islam needs to be ridiculed. Its a man made religion to control the masses and nothing else.

There is a place for mockery of religion in a secular society. I'd say throwing easter eggs into a child's cartoon isn't the place for it. I imagine the makers of Fireman Sam agree.

It looks to me like some animator either deliberately put it there as a dig against Islam - in which case it was an inappropriate cheap shot - or they lazily got some textures off Google without thinking about what they might mean.

Either way, I'm not seeing anything about the handling of this that seems particularly off. The people tweeting about it seem reasonable in their response, and the makers of Fireman Sam have apologised appropriately. Everyone get on with their day.

Back
Top Bottom