• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

First Nvidia GT300 Fermi pic.

Soldato
That's a beast, nice and sleek with no tacky 80s bits like the 58xx cards. Good stuff.

nope it just looks like a 70's throw back instead :D

on a serious note if the proposed prices ($549 - $599) are true then this card has to be a 5870x2 killer. nothing less would be worth it.

Is it a single GPU unit?

As for the spec numbers, personally they mean nothing to me. benchmarks are what matter and what people understand.

it could have all the best tech from Japan yet if it doesn't work together they way people expect it too then it's completely pointless.

Associate
I honestly expect this card to be about 50%+ the performance of a 5870. It has more than double the transistor count and cores of the high end 2xx series.
Yeah ATI will have the X2 well before then, but i expect this card to compete more with that than a single 5870. And NV will most likely release a dual GPU anwyay.

I'm selling my crossfire 5870's for the 2GB versions whenever they come out, then i'll later sell them for a GT300.

Last edited:
Associate
I really hope they relise this soon even thouthey said they have had problems with the yeilds who knwos they may have sorted it. Id pick NV over ATI anyay just stickign with NV as they seem to have more support and compatabilty.

And omg who would have not bet that this would have been done :D the classic hitler talks about things then they add there own subs theres millions on youtubre thou i do find this funny even tho over done :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR45ja_fNzU

Last edited:
Permabanned
I really hope they relise this soon even thouthey said they have had problems with the yeilds who knwos they may have sorted it. Id pick NV over ATI anyay just stickign with NV as they seem to have more support and compatabilty.

And omg who would have not bet that this would have been done :D the classic hitler talks about things then they add there own subs theres millions on youtubre thou i do find this funny even tho over done :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR45ja_fNzU

thats just funny...."dont worry i will buy you an ATI card" "cheap LUBE"

Caporegime
I honestly expect this card to be about 50%+ the performance of a 5870. It has more than double the transistor count and cores of the high end 2xx series.
Yeah ATI will have the X2 well before then, but i expect this card to compete more with that than a single 5870. And NV will most likely release a dual GPU anwyay.

The problem with that theory is that it doesn't always work. If you compare the specs of the 5870 vs 4870 the 5870 should be much faster than it is in games. Early drivers perhaps?

Same could apply with the Nvidia cards.

Caporegime
Fermi will play games, and NVIDIA claims it will do so better than the Radeon HD 5870, it is designed to be a general purpose compute machine.

This has me worried along with the whole anandtech article. Am I the only one reading at as though the although GT300 will be fast in games, that is not the main concern?

I can see the GT300 being launched for more money than a 5870 but only slightly faster in games.

That would leave it wide open for ATI to clean up the gaming market with the 5850x2 and 5870x2.

Associate
I can't really see ATI responding to this properly for quite awhile.

upon further readng it sounds like ATI are at the stage where nvidia were with the gt200, they have just released a beefed up version of the rv770.

So basically would seem like a pendulum effect. I'd expect ATI to be the next to release a revolutionary new card.

Soldato
Do I have this right that nvidia is aiming for everyones pc's to be faster as a result of mainstream, automatic use of the GPU? Sounds like a step in the right direction if it works and if ATI can implement it also, why waste such a powerful component just for games

Soldato
Do I have this right that nvidia is aiming for everyones pc's to be faster as a result of mainstream, automatic use of the GPU? Sounds like a step in the right direction if it works and if ATI can implement it also, why waste such a powerful component just for games

No. They are pushing their GPUs at the HPC market. For the moment anyway.

Back
Top Bottom