Soldato
OP
Saved for nostalgia :)
gpEb.png

Soldato
OP
Nice, but early days yet.

Indeed, currently just 331 days, 15 hours, 5 minutes to go :D

Soooo is there any worth switching to to improve on?

Not sure at the moment, the season has just started, myself I'm doing a bit on SRBase which doesn't need much to get into the points, PDW is scoring well on primaboinc with a relatively small amount of effort, easy points can be obtained from less popular projects but currently we are doing well on some of the more popular ones. Maybe as a strategy latter on we can do a combined effort on a certain project.

I did look at the league one leaders Gridcoin for an idea as to what projects are easy pickings, but I'd say crunch whatever you like it all helps.

Why are we ranked 2nd or 3rd in some projects but not got any points?

If you click on those projects from the website it says:
Project has not reached 2,000,000 credits quota for this season. Thus, FB-points are not granted yet

Soldato
OP
Hanluc, I see you have run some WEP work but you are getting mixed 32 (v1.09) and 64 bit (v1.13) work. The 32 bit work is a lot slower so to force it to do 64 bit work only (your primary platform) you need to add this within the <options> to your cc_config.xml...

<no_alt_platform>1</no_alt_platform>

One of my boxes never needed it, don't know why. You just need to remember you set it when you want 32 bit work for other projects though !

Done, thanks for that.
I finding FB quite addictive :)

Soldato
OP
FB is so fast moving it would be nice to see who has gained/dropped points from where, bar taking screenshots all the time it's difficult to know and I think TSBT know how to play this game, they have max points on projects that currently have no work, I think it's a case of get'em while they're hot.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sztaki Desktop Grid is worth considering running alongside another project, runtimes are short and there is very little work but worth picking some up when they have it.

The lattice project is similar as well, sparce and quick, though it occasionally has some faulty ones that go on forever, just delete those. It hasn't reached 2m points yet but it should soon.

There's Gerasim as well, which only seems to give out 1 WU per update on my box.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I put Sztaki on yesterday and have only just received some work for it.
When I checked it seems I'm validating your work !
I need to slow my 4790k down as you are taking 500+ seconds to run and mine are 100-200 seconds, consequently you are looking for a credit of 4-5 but are only getting the 1 that mine is recording :(

Huh, thanks a lot! :D I had never noticed that before, but it seems you are right, they award credit based on the fastest machine, not much of an incentive really to have a fast machine.

Soldato
OP
ive added all 3 , the only one that gets work is sztaki , but it starts a WU then after 3 - 4 % it restarts the same WU again! , so for now ive also added pogs and malariacontrol in the hope some more work becomes available for this.

I haven't noticed that problem with sztaki, the lattice project has had some WUs recently but often runs out, some WUs go on forever and other error out immediately, and bad ones seem to stay in the system a long time being passed from user to user, I don't like that project at all. Forget Mariacontrol, project admin said it won't have any work for at least 2 months and maybe not at all. Gerasim I don't know much about. Crunch what you like, POGs is a good choice.

Soldato
OP
Ok guys Midas is back working it was the overclock I had on her, but sorted again now so she's up and running.
So what projects I need to be doing as its currently running NFS ?

Universe@home could do with propping up Colin if you like that project, we've recently lost a couple of spots on that one.

Edit: there is also CSG which now has work, we are currently ranked nowhere on that in FB, well, way out of the points anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I noticed tsbt are ahead in quite a few projects

poem
collatz
Citizen science grid
universe at home

im running collatz on my intels graphics and universe at home on some amd cores , isn't poem at home a GPU project now? i have a 780 folding but may try it and see how it does at collatz and peom some time

Poem has always been a GPU project as far as I know. I don't know how a 780 will perform, AMD used to be king on poem & collatz, I think newer nvidia cards have closed the gap though. I'm sure we'll get round to CSG and we're on Universe now doing quite well :)

I'd say as a strategy hitting poem & collatz is not a good idea, they are very popular projects and would require a lot of effort and commitment to score well. We're doing well on milkway & primegrid but that's to do with it being someone's pet project rather than anything else, it's probably mostly the same for other teams doing well on GPU projects.

Soldato
OP
I thought id se what my 780 can do but I added primegrid and got no work, so I added moo wrapper and it gave some work, every WU jumped straight to 4.7 complete then just froze and wouldn't move from 4.7%

Tried them on my 290s at stock, and similar, went straight to 4.7% but then kept jumping several percent each time, think you just have to patient. For reference mine completed them in 15 mins for 6,144 credits each.

Soldato
OP
Asteroids is one of those exceptions were the GPU doesn't totally eclipse the CPU, running a 980ti (asteroids is Nvidia only) for e.g. has around the equivalent ppd of a 4 core, 8 threaded Ivy/haswell machine.

Soldato
OP
Oz & Texas, and any one else doing Moo Wrapper, can you join OcUK's RC5-72 team please? then you'll earn points on RC5-72 when you do moo wrapper work, which will help on the DCVault, as it's a project on there.

To join go here http://stats.distributed.net/projects.php?project_id=8
Search for your boinc moo wrapper email address you used to sign up with in the 'Participant Stats' search
Click "please email me my password", I'm not sure how long it takes to arrive but when it does search for "OcUK - Overclockers UK" in the 'Team Stats' search, then click "I want to join this team".
Enter username, which is your email address and password that was emailed to you.

You can change your username from your email address to your own username, by clicking 'edit your information' under the ' Participant Stats' search.

I'll try and do as much moo wrapper work as I can, it just gets a bit hot in here when everything's going.

Back
Top Bottom