Formula Boinc 2016

Associate
Exactly that, no need to abort anything if you don't want to, http://escatter11.fullerton.edu/nfs/prefs.php?subset=project edit preferences and select only the lasievef & lasieve5f, it was my understanding that lasievef was for windows and lasieve5f was linux but i believe both platforms run each of them just fine, maybe Carlos could explain.

If you have just enough memory make sure you change the default boinc client memory usage from 50% in the options/comp preferences/memory setting.

Thanks for that. Hopefully won't be long before we are back in 1st.

Associate
http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=nfs&team=1116
Oh nice production, I wasn't expecting that :cool: andy & Oz too joining in :)

dDM servers have crapped out again, can't get new work or send the ones I've completed.

Thanks :cool: I've got a few more cores to put on it when I get home from work.

Did you see Bowmore from TSBT :eek: I thought Scole was thier big hitter.

Little digging... Bowmore is Bryan from seti.usa he swapped teams for a week and dumped 4m credits on NFS for TSBT.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks :cool: I've got a few more cores to put on it when I get home from work.

Did you see Bowmore from TSBT :eek: I thought Scole was thier big hitter.

Little digging... Bowmore is Bryan from seti.usa he swapped teams for a week and dumped 4m credits on NFS for TSBT.

The main reason they did so well recently on NFS was occasionally some quick work units are dished out which complete several times quicker than the normal ones but give the same amount of credit and they managed to catch them, though they do both have quite a few cores at their disposal ...but let's not big them up too much as I'm sure they're reading this, don't want it to go to their heads :p

Associate
I was processing loads of work from MindModeling but their last batch of WUs going out switched to being a multi-threaded system. Great in theory if you can give all 24 threads to a single task, not so good when said task only uses 1 thread and cannot start any additional units.

Associate
Had to suspend GPU work for the time being. My 4930k rig is without a case at present. For some reason it refuses to boot inside a case. The heat kicked out from my 980's is exhausted right next to my bed which is making sleeping extremely uncomfortable. CPU barely heats up thanks to the Noctua NH-D15 on it.

Got space in the Xeon machine for 4 GPUs and a 1500w PSU ready for them, but no money for them really. Plus I'm reluctant to buy any for them with Polaris/Pascal on the horizon. I could put the 980's in there, but there's no chance in hell I'm going to attempt gaming with a 4k display using just a 780m :p

Associate
seems bowmore is there DD-M project booster aswell

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=ddm&team=369

is he suppose to be getting ahead of us in all projects for them lol.

streetlight- what you running now?

I was going to run some rosetta@home but it was telling me 10 hours run time :eek: as we are nearly within reach of earning some points on that project

Will be running very limit till I can sort out my garage with another armoured cable. Maybe 2 weeks. :(

Associate
what size is in now and how long is the run of cable? I think you have a 20a breaker? if you've already got at least 6mm in then just change the breaker to a 32a

Is only 2.5mm and the run is about 10 meters, maybe a little bit more....

Am using about 22 amps in there at the moment.

But looking to add a few more bits in there.

Soldato
found what I think could be a nice upgrade to my daily pc ... but unsure if the cpu is any good

sell my 4690k as a bundle and replace with x99 m/b ddr 4 & Intel Xeon E5 2670

the cpu is only £100 on ebay! minus the cost of selling my i5 I think it will only cost £150 or so using second hand
parts

the cpu is uk based and he has 5 for sale aswell

Associate
found what I think could be a nice upgrade to my daily pc ... but unsure if the cpu is any good

sell my 4690k as a bundle and replace with x99 m/b ddr 4 & Intel Xeon E5 2670

the cpu is only £100 on ebay! minus the cost of selling my i5 I think it will only cost £150 or so using second hand
parts

the cpu is uk based and he has 5 for sale aswell

I'm basically running a pair of 2680's if you want any benchmarks done.

Back
Top Bottom