Formula Boinc 2016

Soldato
anybody else looked at getting any CAS@HOME work? project has no points yet as its not hit 2 million points, the units are pretty quick, doesn't put out work often but if we all have it waiting to get some work we'll soon move up the ladder as we are currently 29th or bottom ! lol

Last edited:
Associate
Boinc Pentathlon should start at the beginning of May. Only two competitions pending on Boincstats, GPU Grid & WCG but we can make our own if there is a project you (or anyone else) had in mind?

Don't mind waiting for the Pentathlon can just focus on FB until then. We've nearly caught up to TSBT on NFS now hopefully overtake them by the weekend.

Associate
I'm getting 3-4 hours on an E5-2680 that's 100Mhz higher clock with linux.
It does do 16 at a time.

To do a further comparison, my Xeon E5-2620 V3's do WUs in 4-5 hours in Windows with a few background apps eating about 3-5% of the CPU cycles. This is with HT on processing 24 at a time. CPU has had a slight overclock and runs at 2.677Ghz stable.

Soldato
OP
We are back to 1st on NFS :). Lost some time on one of my rigs today don't know how long though. Andy I should hit 1m credits by Sunday but I'm not going to catch you up.

You've hit 1m already :cool: those quick works units are currently being sent out, they are around x4 quicker than the ones previous, it's worth increasing your cache in the boinc client to grab as many as you can, maximum seems to be 1046 WUs per machine.

TSBT are filling their boots too.

PDW

PDW

Associate
You've hit 1m already :cool: those quick works units are currently being sent out, they are around x4 quicker than the ones previous, it's worth increasing your cache in the boinc client to grab as many as you can, maximum seems to be 1046 WUs per machine.

I'm going to have me a few of those bad boys :)
Not quite as fast on Ubuntu as Windows is.

It also looks like 100 * number of cores is the limit, so not sure what sort of machine you are running to get 1046 !

Soldato
I filled as many as I could onto the opteron server but I cant crunch them till I get more ram! , was told in an email it should be here by Monday at the latest!, the deadlines the 11th so its ok as I still have a load of enigma and universe work left yet.

Soldato
OP
I'm going to have me a few of those bad boys :)
Not quite as fast on Ubuntu as Windows is.

It also looks like 100 * number of cores is the limit, so not sure what sort of machine you are running to get 1046 !

I have a 10.46 core machine :D
I have not noticed any difference between Linux and Windows, it's hard to tell when the work unit runtimes vary so much themselves. It used to be the case that Linux was a good 30% quicker a while back.

All stocked up on them now. I think its 100 * cores up to 10 cores. My 24 and 32 thread rigs are about the same at just over 1000 WUs queued.

This seems right, my 8 threaded machines are getting 800 each, but the limit does seem to be a 1000 and something, don't think it's exactly 1046.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I have a 10.46 core machine :D
I have not noticed any difference between Linux and Windows, it's hard to tell when the work unit runtimes vary so much themselves. It used to be the case that Linux was a good 30% quicker a while back.
Windows is faster at the moment, rough guess by about 1 - 2 minutes which given their current duration is quite a bit !

I did try to look what machines you had on it but they are hidden.

So hanluc, WHY do you hide your machines?

Associate

2 million now :cool: loving these faster WUs.

Soldato
OP
Windows is faster at the moment, rough guess by about 1 - 2 minutes which given their current duration is quite a bit !

I did try to look what machines you had on it but they are hidden.

So hanluc, WHY do you hide your machines?

:D
Unlike you I had a valid reason, I hid them for my stealth attack for top spot on NFS, I didn't want the opposition to see what I was up to, not that they were taking any notice :D

You can see my linux machine, it's currently ranked the top host on NFS :cool:

Soldato
and there goes NFS again lol, seems the scotts have some American friends who are big hitters, I know we have one American member aswell .. texas connection

Back
Top Bottom