Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
Forza Horizon 3 - Release Date 27th September 2016 (23rd September for Ultimate buyers)

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/forza-horizon-3

"You’re in charge of the Horizon Festival. Customize everything, hire and fire your friends, and explore Australia in over 350 of the world’s greatest cars. Make your Horizon the ultimate celebration of cars, music, and freedom of the open road. How you get there is up to you." Xbox Play Anywhere: Pre-order the digital game, and it’s yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. This does not apply for physical disc copies.

Reviews

IGN - 9.5 (XB1, no PC review yet) http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/09/20/forza-horizon-3-review

Inside Sim Racing, Day 1 review - (XB1 again until PC review is out

PC Gameplay Videos

Useful Links

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/53r1wg/pc_players_help_me_compile_a_megathread_for/

Game updates and patch notes

Looking to find other OcUK forum members for a Cruise, joining club etc?..look no further, this list will be updated daily. Add your forum name and Gamertag to this thread and I'll update here.

OCUK/Gamertag

TonyTurbo78 - TonyTurbo78
V R - Messiah Comp1ex
FredFlint - FredFlintGTA
Psymonkee - Psymonkee
RichardH754 - RichardH754
Kalexuz - Frubesta
Mario - pushaz99
remy87 - RMgrey
VincentHanna - GAmbrose
McManicMan - Mcmanicman
digitalx - CTxE InFiNiTE
Huntyz - Huntyz
Colk71 - Colk71
OneZeoN - GreasyTopLip
Superpatsy - L3THAL SCOTSMAN
Jon20 - Hotdog2021
JakePNEFC - Jake PNEFC
SS-89 - Ap0c666
flinco - thehunchedrat
eekfek - eekfek
Parky - DPARKY01
Daftbrown - GeoffTittle
hyperseven - PrimalHellSpawn
Sega Mega Dave - SegaMegaDave75
Uncle Gravy - Uncle Gravy
Mario - pushaz99
bemaniac - bemaniac360
Waltagon - WALTAGON87
arch - archibaldy
delk - Delket
Robert - Robertus85
mooey - Mooey
ThereIs0nly0ne - VewlixTE
Swagger187 - JaCrispy 90
wellibob - wellibob

Club Details ( Will need you on my friend list to send an Invite, so send me a friend request if you want to join the club then i'll send you an Club Invite)

29287331163_24ef86f165_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah looks really good, wheel support too :)

if they have wheel support in FH3, then it can't be to far off on FM Apex.

Definite buy for me, I'm not expecting assetto corsa handling but it will undoubtedly be fun!

That's exactly what Horizon is about really, its good fun, type of game to just mess around with friends with a controller to be fair.

Soldato
OP
so tell me guys, this bit has me confused. Yes I understand the Play Anywhere, on XB1 or Windows 10, but does this mean I can play against friends that will have it on their XB1 with me playing on PC? Does this mean it's cross platform play as well?

Soldato
OP
So looking forward to it, just really hoping UWP doesn't hold my performance back and not cater for Freesync. If Forza Apex is anything to go on, then I think we'll be fine as that now has unlocked frame rate and Freesync is compatible.

Soldato
OP
only time will tell I guess. A reddit post had a link to a dev or someone in the know as MS stating that it would be for PC as well, but that link and post with all the subsequent replies has been deleted, so at the moment it's a 50/50 whether we get it.

Would be great if we do just to see how performance is as 80 jibs is a big amount down.

Soldato
OP
I think ppl just need to wait for an official response to when the demo is up. At the moment the confusions is brought about by the gamers. It'll be out when it's out, it's just a demo at the end of the day, tomorrow makes way more sense than today so will just check back tomorrow evening.

Soldato
OP
From a Turn10 employee

I care less about the PC demo not being released than I do about their refusing to just tell us what's going on. They could at least say "We're hoping to release a PC demo but it depends on the release of Play Anywhere," or something to that effect. I'm getting the game regardless, but clear communication feels better than the unfortunately typical Microsoft stonewalling.
The guy o the twitch stream is a Turn 10 employee and he is not answering peoples question about a PC demo.

Actually the Forza Twitch stream Mod did answer that question directly when asked is a Demo was coming to the PC, he said YES although he noted that he did not have a date/time, i'd guess after tomorrow's "play-anywhere" event.

I took some screenshots (just took time to find a upload site) of the chat - the MOD is in RED (Skreamies1) with a SWORD icon and he was answering to @burnoutforzai.

Hope this helps because i'm holding out on my PC pre-order until i can get my hands on the Demo, i even deleted Forza 6: Apex this afternoon in preparation...

[img=[URL]https://i.imgsafe.org/6fb1362c32.png]ForzaDemoTwitch1[/img[/URL]]

[img=[URL]https://i.imgsafe.org/6fb7072d22.png]ForzaTwitchDemo2[/img[/URL]]

To clarify, whilst Skreamies is a valued member of our Twitch moderator team he ISN'T an employee of Turn 10 Studios.

At present we have no news to announce regarding a PC demo.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...store--10am-Pacific-Sept--12.aspx#post_550828

I interpret that as no PC demo. I mean, they've never actually said one is coming to PC, there's nothing in the store which says PC demo. So it's a big fat 80 quid punt or wait until after the 23rd for opinions on performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Don't waste your money on a wheel dude This is a fast paced arcade racer at heart, better played in an external view. A wheel has never felt right for previous forza horizon games, controller and lounging back on a chair or sofa is better. Now full phat Forza Motorsport 7 on pc, hell yes get a wheel then.

Back
Top Bottom