Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
OP
Hey Tony,

If you need/want someone to help with members etc give me a shout, i'm online at some point most/every day/evening. :)

I'll also start helping with the invites now. Saves tony having to do it all the time.

Anyone up for online tonight?

That'll be great guys, thanks. Annoyingly I've not been able to get online much this week due to work. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks again

Soldato
OP
Absolutely nothing wrong with using a FFB wheel with FH3. Agreed that its very arcade and can be enjoyed on pad and wheel.

Like I said, if hes thinking about spending under 300 quid on a wheel alone for this game, it's not worth it. Yes you can use it, but you might as well buy one for under 100 quid to just function. If he's a sim racer and plays assetto, iRacing, or project cars as well, then sure get a top class quality wheel. But spending 300 quid on a wheel for Forza horizon is a waste it's an arcade game that steers left and right and that's all it does.

Soldato
OP
Hi guys.

Massive apologies for not being on at all, been super busy with work and been feeling really rough, not even played FH3 for about 6 days. I've just updated my friend list, will be sending out more invites to the club.

Going forward I might open the doors so you guys can just join, I can imagine how frusrated you are if you added me and wanted it to the club and it's not been done yet. Opening the club maybe an easier option to join. Stupidly, there isn't a function where you can join in the club via a password, so its either open or invite only.

Soldato
OP
well this is a nice find. Was looking on the Forza 3 PC support forum and found two interesting fixes. One to fix the blurry photo mode, and two, to really ramp up your fps. Not sure if anyone has read it or posted in here.

For blurry photo mode, the fix for this is - as soon as the game launches, get it into full screen ASAP, maximise the window or alt+tab as soon as the game starts to load. You want it in full screen ASAP!!

Second, to fix the low fps. When at the start of a race, alt+tab to put it into windowed mode, then open up a google chrome web page then close it. Go back to the game in windowed mode, and you should see a huge bump in fps. When you do, then alt+tab again to go into full screen and voila. Doing this I've got my game running locked at 72fps everywhere @1440p (apart from surfers paradise but I believe this is just crud coding and will never be fixed)

just a heads up just in case anyone missed it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Two very random fixes there! But hey, worth a shot I guess.

Defo works, can get 72fps with the fps cap quite a bit now. If I take off the cap I actually hit between 80 an 90 which is fantastic for a single 390 but the frame feels more choppy in doing so. If I don't do this little trick, then I average about 40fps in the open world.

Here look. Video not quite finished editing yet but you get idea.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Game is lovely for me after the patch, a big improvement.

And can defo say, photo mode is definitely fixed, and wow how good does it look.

30231664902_7691d838ea_b.jpg

Soldato
OP
Sounds like a nice update, is it live yet?

PC Update Improvements
Alongside the release of the Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels expansion we are pleased to announce numerous critical improvements included in the Windows 10 PC version of the game. These improvements are included in today’s automatic update, and do not require the Hot Wheels expansion to take advantage of.

Expanded Driving Wheel Support
With the most recent update of Windows 10, Windows Creators Edition, we have expanded our list of officially supported steering wheels for PC. The full list of newly supported wheels:

· Logitech Driving Force GT
· Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
· Logitech G920
· Logitech G29
· Logitech G25
· Logitech G27
· Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V1
· Fanatec CSV2
· Fanatec CSR
· Thrustmaster TS-PC
· Thrustmaster T150
· Thrustmaster T500 RS
· Thrustmaster TMX V1
· Thrustmaster TMX V2
· Thrustmaster T300RS
· Thrustmaster TX 458 Edition
· Thrustmaster TX 599 Edition
· Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition
· Thrustmaster TX F1 Edition
· Thrustmaster TX GTE Edition
· Thrustmaster RGT

Improved CPU Performance
We have observed that a large portion of players are CPU limited when trying to run Forza Horizon 3 at high frame rates, including locked 60 FPS and unlocked. By analyzing telemetry, we have developed targeted optimizations for this group of affected players by increasing the number of concurrent threads used by the render architecture. We have taken further advantage of DX12 capabilities to allow the visuals to be processed out of order during the frame, in order to reduce synchronization stalls and decrease CPU execution duration. These changes result in a significant CPU performance gain on High or Ultra settings when running on PCs of Recommended spec or better.

Updated Thread Model
We have updated our threading affinity model to make better use of all available cores. Along with this change, we have added a new graphics option to disable the new model, should you prefer. This option can be found in the Video Settings menu under “Threaded Optimization”.

More Graphical Options
We have also added some additional graphical options to improve framerate for those playing on lower specification PCs. These include:

· Dynamic Geometry Quality now has a Very Low option
· World Car Level of Detail now has a Very Low option

These are combined with some existing options to create a new “Very Low” preset that can be used with dynamic optimization.

Additionally, all options have had their descriptions updated to include information on how each setting affects the CPU performance, GPU performance, and available VRAM, so that players can better understand the performance impact that tweaking each setting will have.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hmmm

stopped again, this is all I'm getting

34558812995_d8ff582ee1_b.jpg

What version is your game after the update guys? mine saying 1.0.64.2 but something feels off. I've got a slow connection, it never showed me the total size of the file, just only downloaded 70mb ish, then says it's been updated.

EDIT..YEP, ****** UP, REINSTALL TIME

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It completely messed up my original install of the game, couldn't fix it so having to re download it...on my pony inlaws internet connection I've done 3GB in over 2 hours, can't be bothered now. If nothing else, I need to hurry this house purchase through just to get bloody decent fibre speed, this is frustrating the hell out of me over here. Will take 2 days to download at this rate.

Soldato
OP
I really wouldnt advise buying a wheel and pedals for this game, this really isn't the game for it. Handling is atrocious with wheel and pedals, more suited to controller to be honest. Buy wheel and pedals for sim games like iRacing, Assetto Corsa, project cars etc

G29 isn't a bad wheel if you're on a budget, but seeing not then stick to Fanatec equipment, pretty much regarded as the best.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom