Fractal North, case of the year contender

Soldato
Got 4x140mm iCue fans on the side now, just need to figure out if I still need fans elsewhere. Fortunately dust isn't an issue where the PC is. The GPU is vertically mounted behind the two lower 140mm side fans so it's getting a good supply of cooler air.

5iLl2p9.jpg

Associate
The GPU is vertically mounted behind the two lower 140mm side fans so it's getting a good supply of cooler air.

What's the change in temps been like? Toying with a few different cases (I've got a 7900XTX as well) and the impact of side/bottom-mounted fans for the GPU's benefit doesn't seem to be highlighted in many case reviews.

Soldato
Hotspot is down perhaps 5 degrees, general GPU temps are down a little more than that on average. It's hard to tell because I wasn't paying that much attention to it prior to installing it.

The main reason was this sits on a shelf so has limited space around it except that side. I'm running case fans slower than before (were on a curve, now static at 40%) so it's a lot quieter too. Fans at the front of the case have been removed and I've got two 140mm at the top at 20% just helping air move upwards although these 4x140s push enough to clear the case easily anyway.

Soldato
Anyone running the North regular with the fractal flex vertical GPU mount?

I’ve heard the way the vertical mount works it knocks 20-30mm off the length the GPU can be before interfering with the front fans.

Edit on second thoughts I might need to verify if my heatsink would interfere with the pie cables first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom