Fractal North, case of the year contender

Associate
Thinking of getting this case, to go mesh or glass though, not sure.

I went with mesh, mainly as the glass side would face my wall and, barring the pump head on the aio, i have gotten rid of all rgb from my build.

Even though i only see it when i open the case I’m now thinking of replacing the artic fans on the radiator with Noctua A12-25 chromax. They looked fine in my old case but look odd against the dark interior of the North.

Was going stick a pic up but I assume I don’t have that option with a new account. Do you have to upload via flickr etc?

Soldato
I went with mesh, mainly as the glass side would face my wall and, barring the pump head on the aio, i have gotten rid of all rgb from my build.

Even though i only see it when i open the case I’m now thinking of replacing the artic fans on the radiator with Noctua A12-25 chromax. They looked fine in my old case but look odd against the dark interior of the North.

Was going stick a pic up but I assume I don’t have that option with a new account. Do you have to upload via flickr etc?

Yes you need an image hosting site, can't remember how to directly post the image from that as it's been ages, can just post the link to the image anywho.

Some lighting in the case is good, I've put some led strips down the front next to the front intake fans and set it to red, looks very nice especially as the glass is actually smoked glass, looks very retro, will try and get a picture tonight and post it

Last edited:
Associate
Yes you need an image hosting site, can't remember how to directly post the image from that as it's been ages, can just post the link to the image anywho.

Some lighting in the case is good, I've put some led strips down the front next to the front intake fans and set it to red, looks very nice especially as the glass is actually smoked glass, looks very retro, will try and get a picture tonight and post it

Ah thanks for the info… since I can’t see an option to add these to my previous post I’ll stick them here, it’s really not a smooth process so let’s see if this works lol

Associate
I really don't like how variable the wood front panels are. I have a nice uniform one now, but the one above doesn't look good at all. I bet if you contacted Fractal they would send you out another one for free :)
I already had that thought as soon as i saw it but decided to give it a week or so in case it grew on me. It hasn’t yet

Soldato
I had to go through three panels myself to get a decent one. It's a great case but I'd be very hesitant to ever get another one (or an XL etc) unless they improved their manufacturing process. I don't think the excuse of "it's wood" justifies uneven coatings etc.

Associate
I had to go through three panels myself to get a decent one. It's a great case but I'd be very hesitant to ever get another one (or an XL etc) unless they improved their manufacturing process. I don't think the excuse of "it's wood" justifies uneven coatings etc.
Totally agree. Mine is very noticeable so it should never pass inspection. As i cant be arsed complaining etc i thought I’d wait to
see if grew on me but I’ll contact them this week for a replacement.

Annoying as i hate the waste it causes but, then again, that is their responsibility not mine.

Soldato
I really like the look of this case and it seems to tick all the boxes for me. When the time comes to upgrade my computer, it'll be between this and a couple of others that I like, if they're still available! Current computer is coming up to 8 years old and I've said a number of times during those years that I am going to upgrade/change bits.

Associate
That has got to be frustrating given it is one of if not the most evident feature of the case! I was lucky i guess i received mine with no obvious flaws, yet it there were any i would have been tempted to sand an re-stain it. Then again that is a lot of faff for something that should be good out of the box!

Soldato
DSuQAx8.jpg

Love this case. Odd as I was a huge fan of perspex and glass cases for many years. Later this week I'm getting the vertical GPU mount and fitting 2x140mm fans on the inside side to improve cooling on the 7900xtx.

Back
Top Bottom