Gamers, What's Your Audio Set Up?

Soldato
I think I have found the replacements for the KEF Q300 @Tephnos - Only took literally years and the slight creases on the alu cones is now bothering me even though it doesn't affect the sound one bit:

^^ Even my phone is picking up just how astonishing they are at vocals :cool:

I've come across the ELAC UNi-Fi 2.0 UB52 - They are 3-way coaxial with front firing ports and renowned for wide soundstage and natural dynamics - Which is right up to my box ticking sheet needs and the bass apparently is excelelnt too. Under £600 on Amazon, so will do a little bit more research and order once satisfied and bung my Q300s on marketplace.

Edit*

Actially just found the Audio Science review and they don't rate it due to some technical issues:

Ahhh well back to square one, keep the Q300 for more years lol. I did enquire with Sevenoaks on how much replacement drivers would cost, £11 each which is reasonable tbh for brand new drivers from KEF so will probably take up that offer as can swap them myself and have some cool looking paperweights from the old ones.

When will you get LS50 Metas and a small sub to handle the lows?

It's either that or you splurge on the big boy Genelecs and hit endgame.

Man of Honour
I've had the LS50 Meta (minus sub) and wasn't a fan. plus I don't actually want a sub anyway as no need given how capable the 6.5" woofer is on the Q300 so I know full well it's possible in a speaker pair without a sub so I will not be spending more and consuming more space on a sub when there isn't a need.

I will just buy Q300 drivers as spares and swap them in when the time comes and keep the Q300 for as long as possible really until KEF stop making spare drivers.

Back
Top Bottom