Games that would make good Films/TV series

Associate
HAving a gander through my library:

I'm surprised Jack Black never tried to get Brutal legend made as a film
Deus Ex could a be a great series.
Red Faction could be interesting, though if they time skip again we're probably not far off for all mankind just doing that.
Monkey Island is just begging for an adaptation, though it'd probably just get called a pirates of the carribean knock off now.

Soldato
Was going to mention Farming Simulator but Clarkson's Farm shows what happens when someone who hasn't a clue how to run a farm or drive a tractor is given keys to the kingdom :cry:

Soldato
Mass Effect would make a good multi-season series. But they'd need to write a better ending or cancel it before the ending :D

Horizon Zero Dawn would make for an epic series, could see it being a bit of a mashup between Terra Nova and The 100.

Cyberpunk 2077, but it's so close to cinematic anyway there's probably not much point.

Caporegime
Amazon or apple should do mass effect
Stalker would be good too but that's a movie already pretty much

Last edited:
Soldato
X-Wing - it already spawned one of the best series of books in the Star Wars expanded universe which could happily be the basis of a Disney plus show think the dirty dozen meets top gun!

Would probably turn out terrible, I had high hopes for wing commander and the movie was dire!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Albeit is isn't a unique premise or setting, I'm surprised there has never been a Deus Ex movie, though the scope and atmosphere to do it proper needs a director with vision and some really good writing and not just reproducing the game on screen. There is a pretty solid timeline to work with going back 100s of years.

There is a whole lot more going on in and around the original game than the game portrays very well - at the start is supposed to be a massive time of upheaval with things really kicking off as well as a huge pandemic.

EDIT: To really do it justice and all the different timelines and character arcs it would need a TV show really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom