Gaming chair for heavy set chap

Soldato
I'm about 21 stone and will be looking for a new chair for my pc, I've always bought cheap but I'm getting fed up with the quality of them, so I'm after somit nice for a change, any ideas on what to look out for, got around £300.
Thanks.

Soldato
Believe vidar has the hero (though my memory sucks lol)
And he's a huge guy
Think he said its quite firm to sit in
But he's had his quite a while and still happy with it
Some of the cheaper chairs the foam in the seat
Just doesn't rebound after used it for a while

Soldato
Don't buy anything Chinese. I have bought tons of them, they just don't understand what a larger person is. Also, gaming chairs are a total rip-off. They take a cheap tat chair and cover it with something fancy and triple the price.
You are far better going to an office store and hunting around for an ex-demo.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm also about 21St, bought a noble chairs icon leather chair back in 2017 and its been flawless. It was a bit firm at first but softened up or I got used to it after a few months.

Soldato
Secret lab titan in XL size is rated for 180kg IIRC.
28 stone.

I have that one due to height rather than weight and it's superb. But I'm also not a light weight at about 105kg.
It has a wider cussion and back and upgraded lift system compared to the standard model and blah blah.. All the specs are on the website.

Over your budget at circa £500 but well worth it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I've had my Hero for a few years now, I'm 6ft 8 and about 30st at the moment and it's held up well. Bit battered but that comes from the cats using it as scratch post. The seat is initially very hard, it's loosens up abit over time but still holds its shape and support. At max height I can sit in it a few hours depending on what my busted leg is doing. Does get a bit sweaty in the heat though.

It's a good chair for the money with good adjustments. I'd like to get a Steelcase in the future, but if not I'd be happy with another hero!

@fiveub if you feel like donating a new one I'd gladly accept lol

Soldato
Yeah I've had my Hero for a few years now, I'm 6ft 8 and about 30st at the moment and it's held up well. Bit battered but that comes from the cats using it as scratch post. The seat is initially very hard, it's loosens up abit over time but still holds its shape and support. At max height I can sit in it a few hours depending on what my busted leg is doing. Does get a bit sweaty in the heat though.

It's a good chair for the money with good adjustments. I'd like to get a Steelcase in the future, but if not I'd be happy with another hero!

@fiveub if you feel like donating a new one I'd gladly accept lol
Thanks mate
Couldn't think of a politically correct way
Of saying if its OK for someone your size
Should be good for 99% of the population lol
Lucky I know you have a sense of humour
Yeah maybe ocuk could use you
In a chair advert like no matter your size
We have a chair to fit you :)
And you get a freebie :)

Man of Honour
How does the fabric hold up on the hero chair or should I get the fax leather.
I've had my fabric one for about 18 months now and still looks brand new.
Went fabric instead of pleather as we've got a cat and I could see him shredding it otherwise, but even though he does jump up on it every now and again he's not managed to damage it yet.
Also I'd imagine the fabric is much nicer to sit in when it's warm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom