Gaming chair for heavy set chap

Soldato
OP
What are peoples thoughts on Secretlabs chairs as they offer a 5 year warrant and AKRacing they do a 10 year warrany.
Im disapointed the noblechairs only off a 2 year warrany as i will be spending a fair bit of money on a seat.

Soldato
OP
Well i feel a bit naughty as i ordered a Secretlab TITAN Evo 2022 Series - XL - Secretlab SoftWeave™ Plus Fabric
Cookies & Cream,looking forward to getting rid of this cheap one i have,the 5 year warranty did it for me as noble only has 2 witch i think is to short for the money you pay for it.

Soldato
OP
Just thought I would give a update on how I'm getting on with this chair, so far no problems with it and it's just so comfortable to sit in, I do about 7 hrs a day and have no pain anywhere, I do suffer from lower back pain and this chair has help as the adjustable lumber support is perfect, the only thing I'm not happy about is the armrests do wooble a tad, it's more of a irritant than anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeh I was a bit on the fence when I was thinking of buying it as it was very expensive, the most I had spent on a chair was £80 odd, but I'm glad I did its made a massive difference and I got the 5 year warranty, only had to put a review up on reddit.

Soldato
Have to agree 2 year warranty is too short
But don't like this you have to
Post a review on social media
Just to get the length of warranty it should really
Come with to start with

Been eying up a hinomi pro 1
Ergonomic chair
Not really a fan of the "gaming" chairs
But £430 for a chair just rubs me up (hinomi)
The wrong way £559 after summer sale offer ends
Feels like should be half that for a good chair
The hinomi has useful feature where it folds down
So you can shove it under the desk
To save space

Got back problems too
So good to at least hear the secretlab
Has decent lumbar support
Guess my choice
Will end up hinomi,secretlab or noblechair

Soldato
Have to agree 2 year warranty is too short
But don't like this you have to
Post a review on social media
Just to get the length of warranty it should really
Come with to start with

Been eying up a hinomi pro 1
Ergonomic chair
Not really a fan of the "gaming" chairs
But £430 for a chair just rubs me up (hinomi)
The wrong way £559 after summer sale offer ends
Feels like should be half that for a good chair
The hinomi has useful feature where it folds down
So you can shove it under the desk
To save space

Got back problems too
So good to at least hear the secretlab
Has decent lumbar support
Guess my choice
Will end up hinomi,secretlab or noblechair

I've been thinking about going down the custom route for my next chair. My Hero is still reliable, despite looking beat up and have no concerns about it failing anytime soon. But if I want to upgrade, I can't afford the likes of a Herman Miller.

Soldato
Iv been thinking about going with a custom chair too. Maybe use car seat from an s class merc and build a base frame for it to sit on?

Don't have the details to hand, but I found a place that creates bariatric grade office bits like gas lifts for chairs and you can customise the stuff and get individual bits. I'm 6ft8 and with my health problems am a lot heavier than I should be. I figured like you maybe get a comfy car seat and build it from that.

Man of Honour
Just want to add if anyone else is "bigger" and looking for a chair, I ordered and received a Secret Lab Titan Evo XL this week and a couple of days in its been great.
Comfy, its noticeable wider than the Noblechair Hero I had before and generally for my wide arse its a nicer fit!

Ended up ordering the Minecraft one as I liked the colours - really nice looking chair!

Soldato
Just want to add if anyone else is "bigger" and looking for a chair, I ordered and received a Secret Lab Titan Evo XL this week and a couple of days in its been great.
Comfy, its noticeable wider than the Noblechair Hero I had before and generally for my wide arse its a nicer fit!

Ended up ordering the Minecraft one as I liked the colours - really nice looking chair!

Well, I can't comment on the mincraft asthetics ;)

But I'm really happy with my Titan Evo XL, had it just over a year now, so although it's not a 'long term' review, I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom