• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte 7950 WF3 Bios - What did yours come with?

Soldato
OP
krichards said:
The latest beta one, 12.11 beta 8 I think.
rolypolyman said:
No I havn't ticked that box either so it appears I dont have that problem. 12.11 beta 11 with 12.11 cap2 is the latest last I looked.
Cool, I was using 12.11 Beta 11 also.

Rolypolyman, so when you increase voltage slider in MSI Afterburner to say 1.2v or whatever... does your card still downclock in desktop to 0.8/0.9v ?

Tempted to put the 7950 back in and force the BIOS to flash via atiflash to F2, or F42... haven't used it since I flashed a 6950 to shader unlock, and 6970.

Soldato
OP
rolypolyman said:
'Rolypolyman, so when you increase voltage slider in MSI Afterburner to say 1.2v or whatever... does your card still downclock in desktop to 0.8/0.9v ?'

Aye, indeed. :D
How annoying for me lol, 7950 getting put back in, gonna force the BIOS to flash... hope it works, I assume the 7950 has a Chill Voltage Regulator, otherwise it wouldn't of been able to force voltage...

Soldato
OP
rolypolyman said:
Does have the Chil Voltage Regulator. :D
Wahoo! F42 Bios...! Fingers crossed for voltage unlocked! Will report back.

f42.gif

Soldato
OP
Okay new problem, using F42 Bios, the voltage can now increase, but the maximum core clock in MSI Afterburner is 1100MHz wtf! :o

It's as if their is a core limiter on these batches of Gigabyte 7950 WF3, with FZ0 Bios it was 1200MHz, but the voltage was locked.

test1pn.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay new problem, using F42 Bios, the voltage can now increase, but the maximum core clock in MSI Afterburner is 1100MHz wtf! :o

It's as if their is a core limiter on these batches of Gigabyte 7950 WF3, with FZ0 Bios it was 1200MHz, but the voltage was locked.

test1pn.jpg

Hi, i have the same graphics card with same bios

follow this to get more overclock
http://www.overclock.net/t/1292713/...the-official-way-using-msi-afterburner-on-amd

3. Run atferburner once, it will promt you to restart. Restart.
4. Create a Shortcut for MSI Afterburner, place it on the desktop.
5. Right click the shortcut, click properties and in the target box add /xcl.
6. It should look like this
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /xcl
7. Open the shortcut. It will says the CCC limits have been increased.
8. Exit afterburner and delete the shortcut. Restart.
9. Load up afterburner. Settings>tick unlock voltage control + monitoring.
10. Now you can overclock using AMD's optimal method. There are no CCC limits and you can adjust the voltage. This is SO much more stable than overclocking the Un-official way using msi afterburner.

i have mine on 1.23v 1150 / 1575 , temps idle 25c , load 61c , i think i could lower the voltage abit more, aint played with it for awhile

one i think i notice when i load up windows , MSI auto starts but i dont get the overclocked speeds, defaults to 900mhz, but if i select profile again on msi and apply it runs then at overclocked speeds, would love it to just do it automatically when windows loads.

Soldato
OP
uscool said:
i aint even tried going that high, i was happy to get to 1100mhz , now have it 1150mhz, how much performance will you get running it at 1200mhz ?
I doubt we would see any difference in games between 1150MHz, and 1200MHz.

I've just done a few more runs @ 1150MHz managed to get stable @ 1.218v, Temp 58°C Max , Auto Fan 43% Max, better than my original FZ0 bios forcing me to use 1.25v all the time.

Last edited:
Associate
Hey All :)

My Old Gigabyte 7950 WF3 came with a 900Mhz Core, Ive had to swap it today as it was faulty , Ive now got one with a 1000MHz Core Clock :)

Can anyone advise me what i need to overclock it , make it stable etc?

Back
Top Bottom