Glass reservoirs & tube?

Associate
OP
Another quick question, does anyone know which variant of the Aqualis reservoir I need to buy to get the nano coating and a top which can be used as an inlet but also comes with an air bleeding port as this seems to be a problem on a few models as they can use the top as an inlet but then how do you get air out of the system?

Soldato
Nano coating is an option for most but it's specified separately - ie model A or Model A with nano coating.

Unhelpfully the product pictures often show a single top port when they usually have two or three. I know the 100ml and 150ml XT both have two top ports (one fitted with G1/4 pressure equalising membrane) and I believe the larger 450 and 880ml versions have 3 top ports, possibly 4. I'm not sure whether it's the same for the Eco models though.

Associate
OP
Nano coating is an option for most but it's specified separately - ie model A or Model A with nano coating.
Unhelpfully the product pictures often show a single top port when they usually have two or three. I know the 100ml and 150ml XT both have two top ports (one fitted with G1/4 pressure equalising membrane) and I believe the larger 450 and 880ml versions have 3 top ports, possibly 4. I'm not sure whether it's the same for the Eco models though.
What does the nano coating actually do, does it stop coolant forming droplets on the glass :confused:

Soldato
In theory, yes. It's supposed to be like a non-stick. I've not had issues with my uncoated res but I'm running clear EC6. I would imagine it would be more applicable to coloured coolants, pastels, aurora etc

Associate
OP
In theory, yes. It's supposed to be like a non-stick. I've not had issues with my uncoated res but I'm running clear EC6. I would imagine it would be more applicable to coloured coolants, pastels, aurora etc
Another question, if I bought the reservoir with two top inlets but they go directly in (No suction/tube insert) would I need to buy the aquajet rising device as well :)

Soldato
I'm not sure what an aquajet rising device is.
It seems the Pro and XT have LED mount points, the ECO doesn't.
The XT has a fill-level sensor.

The larger 450 and 880ml versions have a fountain effect but I think it's fed from the bottom not the top. I wouldn't swear to this though as there is a G1/4 blank on the top in the pics, so it could be you can do either. From a Google image search, the spare top would seem to indicate that it's either....but I'm not sure.

Just tried an EK fitting in a top port of a 150ml XT and it looks like there should be enough spare thread to screw a tube in on the inside if that's what you mean.

While I was at it, I did see droplets of coolant on the sides above the 'waterline' so it may be that the nano coating is worth it if you're going coloured coolant where it would show up.

Manuals are a bit sparse but are here:
Aqualis ECO / XT 100/150 ml

Aqualis ECO / PRO / XT 450/880 ml

Soldato

OK mate got everything in my new case, bought the g4/m20 adapter and i got a tbar from somewhere online lol

got everything up and running
even managed to fit the photon 270mm res on the back of the case inside just next to the gpus, its a tight fit when putting the case door back on but it fits :)

now here is my problem, i cant fill my res up to the top, only just over half way cause when i fill it to the top and power the system on

the res drains to half way and stops there and works great
but when i power off the system, the res starts to fill back up all on its own LOL so i cant fit the res to the top

and if i power the system on and open the stop plug at the top and start to try and put more liquid in it wont go into the res seems like it gets blocked or something .....

so im in a bit of a dilema leave it the way it is with the res just over half full or look for more suggestions or leave it the way it is :D lol

problem is if i leave it the way it is everytime i turn the system off and power it back on the im essentially rebleeding the loop :/

I used this route : res/pump/360mm monsta/gpu2/gpu1/480mm monsta/cpu/res
its like when i power off the system, air in the 480mm radiator is dumping all the liquid backinto the res... hence why the res is refilling back up..

Last edited:

zia

zia

Associate
Seems like you have major air lock in the system.once you get rid of the air lock the water in the res will level out.you don.t have fill it to the brim .mine sits contantly at 3/4 high on res.if you have a rad at the top and if it come with bleed port would be the best way.also try turning the pump low then slowly increasing to max to shift those air bubbles.

Zia

Back
Top Bottom