Godzilla x Kong - the New Empire (2024)

Soldato
Better than I thought it was going to be from the trailers, visually this was better than some of the previous as they decided to go almost full day mode so you can see everything.

Around half way through the film you can work out how it's going to end but it's a decent popcorn flick.

Dan Stevens looked to be having fun, first role I've seen him in since Legion.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Rotten tomatoes scores

Critic scores - 55%
Audience scores - 92%

That's a pretty big discrepancy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Rotten tomatoes scores

Critic scores - 55%
Audience scores - 92%

That's a pretty big discrepancy.

As always, money talks and BS walks and this thing has made a massive $195m worldwide in just a week from the global audiences so I'd suggest that the critics, as per usual it seems, just aren't looking for the same things that the audience is, making their worth seem lesser to me.

Soldato
As always, money talks and BS walks and this thing has made a massive $195m worldwide in just a week from the global audiences so I'd suggest that the critics, as per usual it seems, just aren't looking for the same things that the audience is, making their worth seem lesser to me.

Is everyone expecting shawshank redemption :cry:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Nah it was pretty good if you like that kinda movie. Not going to win any oscars but it was entertaining enough.

Soldato
It's a popcorn flick where giant monsters beat each other up. :cry:

I'm honestly not sure what people are expecting, it's switch your brain off and enjoy the ride for a couple of hours material. You don't go into something like this expecting Citizen Kane, I bet many of the same critics gave a lot of the recent Marvel films high scores and they've largely been ass even from a popcorn material perspective.

Reactions: Kyo
Caporegime
It's a popcorn flick where giant monsters beat each other up. :cry:

I'm honestly not sure what people are expecting, it's switch your brain off and enjoy the ride for a couple of hours material. You don't go into something like this expecting Citizen Kane, I bet many of the same critics gave a lot of the recent Marvel films high scores and they've largely been ass even from a popcorn material perspective.
But it would be nice if we got movies more like: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/godzilla_minus_one

Soldato
I guess my point is, why do they have to be brainless popcorn faire?

Why can't they be fun popcorn movies and still have a decent plot?

I would suggest asking "Hollywood" why they can't do that, because I'd love them to make things like that yet they seemingly point-blank refuse to for a reason I can't fathom.

Back
Top Bottom