Godzilla x Kong - the New Empire (2024)

Soldato
Get the feeling they know this isn't going to do so well and are pumping out more and more trailers showing the team up side of stuff in the hopes it'll get people to go watch it.

Associate
i'll go watch it. Its nice to have 2 "universes", this neon glowing popcorn hollywood one and the traditional toho version. Both fun :)

Although the spinning tail flip shows that we arent far off the sliding tail tackle or highland jig!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just got back from seeing this.

I enjoyed it on the big screen. Better than Godzilla Vs Kong. Probably 7.5/10. Kong is definitely the main character in this and a lot of it is set in Hollow Earth which was great.

Like the previous films you have to suspend a bit of disbelief, but it's a fun ride. Definitely gonna watch it again when it hits streaming.

rp2000

Caporegime
Initially that sounds like bit of an odd choice considering the name of the film, unless it was done alphabetically I suppose, but with the hollow Earth setting having Kong as the "lead" makes sense.
I'll go with the alphabetical or consistency from the last film being the reason.

I would have gone for Kong x Godzilla as the title as a nice "twist" from the last film.

rp2000

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP

I enjoyed it on the big screen. Better than Godzilla Vs Kong. Probably 7.5/10. Kong is definitely the main character in this and a lot of it is set in Hollow Earth which was great.

Like the previous films you have to suspend a bit of disbelief, but it's a fun ride. Definitely gonna watch it again when it hits streaming.

rp2000

I didn't know it was out already. Got my tickets booked Friday. It's good to hear you enjoyed it so should be pretty good. Will be looking forward to it now.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP

rp2000

@rp2000 - spot on mate!!. Just out of the cinema and thought the movie was fantastic. So glad they focused on Kong because he was way more interesting in driving the story forward. Definitely a real enjoyable fun popcorn flick. If you love the titans then this is the movie for you. 8/10.

@Penfold101 your going to love it!! Fingers crossed for Ghidorah in the next one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I saw this earlier today and really enjoyed it, more than I expected to if I'm honest and I pretty much already knew I'd like it as a popcorn flick.

I definitely agree that it was better than Godzilla vs Kong.

Back
Top Bottom