Goldeneye: Source -new version out tomorrow

Soldato
bledd. said:
i'm only on 512kb here (mum's house for xmas), will just post the same torrent

it'll end up on fileplanet anyway, so will be readily avaliable
He means he wants it private so that forumers seed for forumers and keep it alive for us, rather than alive for everyone at a cost to us.

Associate
I remember downloading the alpha last crimbo, how time flies. Hopefully they added some cool stuff to this beta, looking forward to giving it a go. Brings back memories of playing Goldeneye on my n64 on christmas day. :D

Associate
Well in theory just under a hour to go, hopeful the devs aren't too drunk to put it up. Anyone thinking of hosting a game or anything?

Associate
Well they just put on the site that they are about 90% done with release, just getting out final bugs etc. So i would most likely say it'll be out tomorrow, would rather them get it all sorted than rush it out and still have bugs in it.

Don
OP
just read this..

Despite the success of the mod it is with a heavy heart that we say good bye to Nickster our goldeneye source mod leader. He passed away on May 24, 2006, at his home at the age of 27. We as a mod team hereby dedicate this mod fully to Nickster. Tragically his life ended too soon and we as a team wish his family and relatives the best of luck through this difficult time. He would want us to continue on no matter what the costs and we sincerely hope he is in a better place. This mod is for you Nickster from the Goldeneye source team.

http://mods.moddb.com/4506/goldeneye-source/

-i'll check in the morning to see if it's been released, going to the pub for 11ish tho, and won't be back until at least 9am 27th... (if i make it :D )

Associate
Update from the devs:

Alright guys, so we missed our targetted date, but the good news is that we found the bug that has been causing us grief for so long! With that in mind we are now going through the mod and making sure no major issues exist. AND!!!! Because of the bug that came up, while coders were bughunting, other developers got the Cougar Magnum and DD44 back into our beta release. We were planning on cutting them due to a few major flaws and no solution. So you guys are ending up with a better release and only a days delay from our ESTIMATE!

Well like i said before i would rather them release a stable game than a bugged one. That and they found time to put extra stuff in as well. Still doesn't give an exact release date, but hopefully shouldn't be too long.

Soldato
Phalanx said:
this bloody thing still hasn't come out yet :(
:( :(

Whilst we're here, we should sort out a game of this. Promises to be an absolute cracker.

Oh, and just out interest, where abouts do you live? I live in the South West as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom