Goldeneye: Source -new version out tomorrow

Soldato
This mod really is, and always has been, a load of complete crap. I mean its rubbish anyway, but they are trying to be as good as perfection and its just not going to happen so its also crap by default.

Soldato
The main thing on my mind about this is that it maybe bad.. But before it was noway near as buggy as this. :confused:

Like silversurfer said, how can it get worse?

Soldato
if you read up on the goldeneye forums you'd know why - there was a problem with knifing which would crash dedicated servers on each knife kill. apparenly almost all of the servers atm are listen servers, which are only good for 3-5 people. get loads connection and it'll ping out and crash anyway :/

they are working on it, apparently. i dont see why they cant just port the maps and guns to cs: s then work on the custom engine till its ready.

Associate
When I saw this I hoped for a moment that it was a conversion of the N64 game. So downloaded it and find it is an almost unplayable, buggy, thoroughly mediocre multiplayer mod.

Disapointed, to say the least.

Associate
Phil99 said:
I take it you never played the original Goldeneye? It's not meant to have a crosshair ;)

Oh no I owned the original, just the game seems so much luck based sorta. Not how I remember it when playing with friends all those years ago.

Those were the days :p

Hitman
Soldato
I've got 4 x 16 player servers running at the moment. Problem is, they crash every so often :(

LTK is still awesomely fun, even with the server crashes though. Havern't tested Golden Gun mode yet even though one of my servers is running it :) DM is just boring imo.

Looking forward to a patch.

Back
Top Bottom