Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Associate

Flat screen will please many I expect.

Soldato
Looking forward to the 8 Pro. I'm fine with the curved screen but flat is fine too.

Hope they up the charging speeds and G3 efficiency.
I'm using a Oneplus 8T and I'm getting a bit fed up of the camera not being as good as the industry leaders such as only 2x optical zoom when the Pixel 7 Pro has a 5x optical zoom. The 65W charging speed on the OP8T is no longer good enough to keep me with Oneplus when I upgrade. If the Pixel 8 Pro has a significantly better than 30W charger, say 50/60W minimum, with Oneplus phones capable of 80-150W, and carry on having a better than Oneplus camera then I'll probably go back to the Google phones after being on the OP 5 and 8T.

Soldato
I'm using a Oneplus 8T and I'm getting a bit fed up of the camera not being as good as the industry leaders such as only 2x optical zoom when the Pixel 7 Pro has a 5x optical zoom. The 65W charging speed on the OP8T is no longer good enough to keep me with Oneplus when I upgrade. If the Pixel 8 Pro has a significantly better than 30W charger, say 50/60W minimum, with Oneplus phones capable of 80-150W, and carry on having a better than Oneplus camera then I'll probably go back to the Google phones after being on the OP 5 and 8T.
I'm pretty sure we'll not be getting anything like 50W charging. Though I hope we do.

Currently pixel 7 pro actually peaks @ 23W.

If we can get 50% charge in 20 mins and a full charge in under 60 it'll do me.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure we'll not be getting anything like 50W charging. Though I hope we do.

Currently pixel 7 pro actually peaks @ 23W.

If we can get 50% charge in 20 mins and a full charge in under 60 it'll do me.
50W would be good but I agree, perhaps 35-45W is the most we can expect? Are the Pixel phones made to be an example of what can be done or are they meant to be flagship competitors? If the former then we won't get 50W+ charging.

I guess the better efficiency of the Pixel 8 chip over what the 8T has will nullify some of the disadvantage of slower charging but 50W+ would make me jump straight back over to a Pixel phone!

Seeing as I WFH the majority of the time I don't need to charge my mobile at silly speeds anymore but its still nice to have that ability for emergencies I guess.

Soldato
I want to go smaller and the normal 8 looks promising in that regard but the 6 Pro's telephoto lens has spoilt me and the non-pro won't have that. At least the 8 Pro does seem to be a tiny bit smaller...

As for the charging speeds don't forget the Pixels have a pretty aggressive charging curve, when under 50% at 23W it actually charges fast, but once it gets past that it slows down considerably. Would rather Google increase that to something like 60/70% instead. Saying that, I do miss the 30W charging from my OP7TPro.

Associate

Maybe similar to the S23

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Pixel 8 could be amazing if it's smaller than the 7. Wondering how they will improve over the 7 series as those are excellent phones already. My guess is it will be very minor this year, but I hope I'm wrong.

Soldato
Pixel 8 could be amazing if it's smaller than the 7. Wondering how they will improve over the 7 series as those are excellent phones already. My guess is it will be very minor this year, but I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah it'll be nothing mindblowing.

A better ultrawide sensor, better battery life thanks to better SoC and faster charging is on my wishlist from my 6 Pro.

The 7 non PRO UW has no AF so no macro mode currently too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't realise the IMX 787 had a 1/1.37" sensor size. That is huge for an ultrawide.

Way way bigger than what the 6 and 7 with their ~1/2.8". And way bigger than most other brands UW....

Happy days.

Back
Top Bottom