Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Soldato
OP
My Nexus 5 is slowly dying on me, so this is good news! :D

Over the last two months my Nexus 5 is starting to die too.

I've been suffering with constant bugs. Launching camera app when I touch power button, audio bug (now fixed), random reboots and today it got it's self in to a reboot cycle. :eek:

(completely unmodded phone running stock rom)

Silly phone!

Soldato
OP
o4EssaT.jpg
The 2016 HTC Nexus looks like a cross between the Nexus 4 & iPhone with glass and fingerprint scanner on the back.
https://twitter.com/usbfl/status/764631682074816513

Looks good. If it's in the region of £300 for the smaller handset then I will be snapping it up on day one. It's what I'm waiting for.

My current N5, seems to have resolved it self of it's random powering off issues. Uber strange.

Soldato
OP
Most exciting thing for me is the smaller of the two phones is actually a smaller device than the Nexus 5x. This makes me happy.

As an example I find the size of the new iPhone 7 perfect. (Would never own an iphone!)

Soldato
OP
Yous guys ready?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/19/non-blurry-photos-google-pixel-pixel-xl-leak/

White looks decidedly average :/

Edit*
A user on reddit says his friend works at verizon and has been testing them. There is a fingerprint sensor on the front AND back, and the devices are waterproofed.

If that is genuinely true, and it comes in 256GB flavour, then that's what I've been screaming for since getting the nexus 6P, and you can consider me sold.

Stock Android, IPX rated, 256GB storage, camera as good as, or better than, the 6P/S7 = Happy.

They look like iPhones.

Soldato
OP
I might just go and grab a Nexus 5x.

It should be eligible for Android 8 right?

Does the two year cut off include the last year or not?

The Nexus 5 came with Android 4.4 and is now on 6.0.1 so presumably the 5x came with 6 and will be upgradable to 8 as the last OS version?

Back
Top Bottom