Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Soldato
I think phones are way too small to get separation, but dual speakers do invariably sound a lot better than a mono speaker.

more to do with stereo effects than separation. When the sound is steered from left to right etc.

It seems that a lot of people that are questing the speakers have never heard them on a good phone. Speakers are great on the Nexus 6/6p.

Soldato
Over the last two months my Nexus 5 is starting to die too.

I've been suffering with constant bugs. Launching camera app when I touch power button, audio bug (now fixed), random reboots and today it got it's self in to a reboot cycle. :eek:

(completely unmodded phone running stock rom)

Silly phone!

The camera launching when pressing power isn't a bug it is an option under settings > display.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Over the last two months my Nexus 5 is starting to die too.

I've been suffering with constant bugs. Launching camera app when I touch power button, audio bug (now fixed), random reboots and today it got it's self in to a reboot cycle. :eek:

(completely unmodded phone running stock rom)

Silly phone!
Mine had so many ROM's, Kernels and other mods I can't even remember them all! But CM 12.1 is much more stable than the original android in my experience. :p

I hope the camera is decent on this new nexus, I don't care about the audio as much as I do about the camer and battery life.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Hmmmm, half of me wants a Note 7 but the other half says I should wait for the bigger new Nexus. :o

Soldato
5.5" Sounds good, I love FF speakers but the decrease in foot print would be great. Hyped for this phone. Hopefully battery life is improved as its the only thing that isn't great with the 6p, camera is top notch, awesome display (not as good as samsung but hey), fast and smooth, great build.

Soldato
The 5" sounds like my dream phone (well, actually 5.2" would be nice) but I'm slightly worried about the battery. Seems a little small to me.

Coming from a OnePlus One it's certainly time for me to upgrade.. the question is will I be happy with vanilla Android over Cyanogen?

Soldato
5" is maximum for me. I don't get a point of anything bigger than that. Ideally good spec 4.5" would do. I'm waiting for new Nexus but maybe I'll wait little longer and see if Sony replaces Z5C

Soldato
Also happy with my 6p but also know I'm likely to be upgrading to the new version later this year unless it turns out to be a turkey. If HTC pull off water resistance then I'm sold regardless! 5.5 is ideal size imo.

Associate
I'm OK with moto x style currently though something a little smaller with an amoled display and maybe stereo speakers and decent sized battery - not wishing for much :D

I wait with interest the next nexus phones but have a nagging doubt about them due to being made by htc. The few HTC phones I've had in the past have an had issues. As for getting their support to repair anything then good luck with that. I've found them to be beyond stupid.

Galaxy s7 edge's are getting cheaper and maybe only the glass back know that has held me back getting one. New Note 7 looks nice but a similar size to moto x style and a glass back too. Not that the gs7 edge is a lot smaller. I think around 5.2 inch phone is about my sweet spot. The bigger screens look very nice but are cumbersome one handed. So I await the release of the smaller nexus so long as I can get past the HTC thing :D

Soldato
Had a hands on with the small nexus from HTC and ill be getting that for sure....thank you friend at Google :p

Edit....unless the larger one is truly epic.

Back
Top Bottom