Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Soldato
New launcher is brilliant, a nice change, running it on my n5x

I dont have a nexus device, but can run it without the swipe in feature, really smooth and looks nice.

Looks like the finger print sensor will have gestures like other phones have had for a while

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
My Nexus 5 is slowly dying on me, so this is good news! :D

Over the last two months my Nexus 5 is starting to die too.

I've been suffering with constant bugs. Launching camera app when I touch power button, audio bug (now fixed), random reboots and today it got it's self in to a reboot cycle. :eek:

(completely unmodded phone running stock rom)

Silly phone!

Soldato
I don't really get the fascination with stereo speakers on a phone?

I don't care about the stereo speakers as such - a single front-facing one (like the 5x) would be fine for me - but there's absolutely no excuse for having a speaker on the back of the phone (some still do!) or on the bottom edge, where it's easily covered when using the phone in landscape (gaming/videos/whatever) and you have to cup the phone to redirect the sound back to you.

Why annoy everyone more than you're already doing? Just fire the sound back at the person using the phone.

Man of Honour
Agree on front facing but I have my phone on silent pretty much 99% of the time and seldom use the speakers other than casual quick looks at videos or whatever. I normally use earphones if I ant decent quality sound.

I do concede that for those that use their phone as their main way of viewing and listening to media that having reasonable speakers is desirable. That said they will never be that good at that size. Heck even TV speakers are rubbish!

Soldato
I very rarely play music on my phone and when I do I too use headphones.

I'm thinking more casual games sitting on the sofa, where you want a little audio feedback but don't need the volume turned up from near silent. Something like Hill Climb Racing, or watching a quick video posted on social media.

Man of Honour
I wonder if the USB C chargers will change, the issues surrounding the new standard, where nobody seems to be complying with the actual standard, is still raw.

Check the recent post up on r/android: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/4w1xf5/please_check_your_chargers_some_nexus_5x6p/d63b89q

So essentially the Nexus 6P charger confuses 3rd party cables, even though those cables are fully certified, as a device and starts pumping power through it. You can work out what happens next.

I would like a Nexus again, but only if it's IPX rated, and the rumour of the camera app bringing back full manual controls is true. Qi wireless fast charging is a must also. I really doubt a couple of those will feature sadly.

Caporegime
I would just love a 6P but with a smaller screen (5.2") with much smaller bezels at the top and bottom. 6P is still the best phone overall out there imo.

IPX rated would definitely be nice but not a deal breaker for myself, with it being a nexus device, I can overlook that and wireless charging :p

Soldato
That said they will never be that good at that size. Heck even TV speakers are rubbish!

Point is - it's a heck of a lot better than a single side or rear fining speaker.

front facing for clarity, stereo for seperation and affects, and good drivers for impact.

I mainly use mine for YouTube, hardly ever for music. And not in public.

Back
Top Bottom