• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** GPU Hierarchy ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Cant belive the 3080Ti is already tier "C"... jesus. Thats a lot of money for C tier.

Not enough vram to be in the higher tier apparently, even though it has almost identical performance to the 3090 :p

Jokes aside, I can see why one would have done that originally to differentiate top tier cards which were quite close. But that is no longer the case with new cards now.

Last edited:
Don
OP
I edited the table to what I think it shouled look like with data we currently have :D

I've now updated, but have taken a slightly different approach.

I've moved 3090 down to the same tier as 3080Ti/3080 (12GB) as there isn't a huge difference. 3080 stays in the same tier as although it's a bit slower, it's still a chunk quicker than the tier below.

Don
OP
TBH I would also put the 6950xt and 3090ti in the same tiers too, iirc aren't they only like 5-10% better than a 3090/6900xt?
It's a difficult one to balance especially when so many cards offer performance within a few percent of each other. There might be 20% difference between the lowest card in one tier, and the lowest card in the next tier (e.g. 3080 to 3090Ti), but only 8% between the top card of a tier and the lowest card in the next tier (3090 to 3090Ti)

Same arguably applies to the 6800XT and 6900XT - maybe only 6% between them, but another 6% between 6900XT and 6950XT, but with most AIB 6950XTs being another 5% faster still, so maybe ~15% faster, which is probably enough to warrant being in a different bracket

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've now updated, but have taken a slightly different approach.

I've moved 3090 down to the same tier as 3080Ti/3080 (12GB) as there isn't a huge difference. 3080 stays in the same tier as although it's a bit slower, it's still a chunk quicker than the tier below.

Yeah, that was the other way I was thinking too. Makes sense, for now anyway.

It's a difficult one to balance especially when so many cards offer performance within a few percent of each other. There might be 20% difference between the lowest card in one tier, and the lowest card in the next tier (e.g. 3080 to 3090Ti), but only 8% between the top card of a tier and the lowest card in the next tier (3090 to 3090Ti)

Same arguably applies to the 6800XT and 6900XT - maybe only 6% between them, but another 6% between 6900XT and 6950XT, but with most AIB 6950XTs being another 5% faster still, so maybe ~15% faster, which is probably enough to warrant being in a different bracket

Can always adjust it later if need be :)

Caporegime
The "elite tier" makes me chuckle, blatant sales speak. You're a B tier or worse buyer unless you stump up £1600+ to be part of the "elite". :cry:
It should probably be renamed to ultra-enthusiast tier or top tier or something, because what kind of sensible 'elite' person spends £1.7-£2.5K on a GPU. :p

The 4080 will be C tier in 2 weeks and that comes close to £1600 for some of the AIB models.
The 4080 should be near the bottom of the table tbf. :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
It should probably be renamed to ultra-enthusiast tier or top tier or something, because what kind of sensible 'elite' person spends £1.7-£2.5K on a GPU. :p

The 4080 should be near the bottom of the table tbf. :cry:
I'd just rank them in order, that's all that is needed. No labels required unless ones epeen needs a polish :cry: That said, a useful list for the uninitiated, especially at the mid/low tiers which can be a bit of a minefield.

Don
OP
The "elite tier" makes me chuckle, blatant sales speak. You're a B tier or worse buyer unless you stump up £1600+ to be part of the "elite". :cry:

I'd just rank them in order, that's all that is needed. No labels required unless ones epeen needs a polish :cry: That said, a useful list for the uninitiated, especially at the mid/low tiers which can be a bit of a minefield.

eu0B9Sr.png

Back
Top Bottom