Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
At Tokyo Express ? yeah struggling on that atm, also struggled on the muscle cars on the oval but got there in the end, IDK where I am losing time with the Civic though.
Yep. That’s the one. You’ve got another difficult as hell license coming up involving the NSX-R. :) keep at it.. took me ages to get them both.

You can always buy the bundles of credits with real money to get the cars you want.
No. Thanks. :p

Soldato
Got my new GT Omega wheel stand pro setup today with my trusty old T300RS, £109 for this is a bargain, it is very sturdy and solid and well built. Not played GT7 with a wheel before i have always used a pad.

Soldato
realised it copied 10gb ish so I could play the music tracks and it started to download the rest, i tried to disconnect from the internet but it didnt start to read the disk?
You would have to delete the whole game first, disconnect the console from the internet and then insert the disk again. It would then install the entire game from disk. Then connect the console to the internet and it will then download the update which is about 17GB.

Assume your download has probably finished by now anyway.

I am enjoying the game so far, done the first licence and about 10 cafe menu's. The only thing I don't like so much is the sheer number of gift car's you are handed out. Kind of makes it a bit too easy to acquire cars unlike older Gran Turismo's where you really had to save up money to buy cars, or enter difficult tournaments to win a prize car.

Soldato
Same wheels and Pedals as I have @peahead except i dont have the shifter, I like paddles.
I only use it on PC though as the PS5 doesn't do UW screens correctly, and my racing wheel is parked in front of the UW.
Using the pad on PS5 as thats a sofa and 55" Oled gaming machine :p

Soldato
The only thing I don't like so much is the sheer number of gift car's you are handed out. Kind of makes it a bit too easy to acquire cars unlike older Gran Turismo's where you really had to save up money to buy cars, or enter difficult tournaments to win a prize car.

Don't worry, you only get handed out relatively cheap cars, there's plenty of other cars you are going to have to grind for!
I have had a few prize tickets, not one has won me a car yet.
Coming from various Forza titles, where cars and credits are thrown at you way too fast, GT is the other end of the spectrum. I prefer the GT way myself, although ideally would prefer either 40-50% more credits won, or 40-50% cheaper cars and parts :p.

I have put around 10 hours into the game so far, not bought any cars other than the starter car, but have spent some upgrading a few cars, currently sitting at 2 mil (started at 1.6 mil from the anniversary digital edition).

Probs would have more if I was racing, but working my way though licences and "menu's" atm.

Soldato
Anyone else struggle to get gold on the A license exam in the red Supra? Don’t even want to know how many times it took!

They've all been very easy so far I thought, most of them I'm beating the gold time by half a second on a controller. However the NSX hairpin challenge at Suzuka was probably the hardest one so far. The trick is to turn off countersteering assist, the car turns in so much better. The red Supra one was fine with the countersteering off also.

Last edited:
Soldato
How is the multiplayer? I see you have driver ratings and penalties online. Do the rammers end up with low ratings and get put in races with other bad racers, leaving clean racers all together?

I'm looking for a good online racing game (waiting to see if Forza Motorsport gets this right when released), if GT7 is good online i'll probably start looking for a PS5.

Soldato
quick tip for anyone struggling with consistency on controller. Turn off the brake and throttle feedback settings, it basically makes it WAY harder to be consistent on trigger positioning

Few things I've noticed
- race rewards are pretty stingy with pay-outs compared to the prices of some cars
- gift tickets have abysmal chance ratings on them, loads of people reporting the same on other forums and reddit
- apparently engine swaps can only be gotten by gift tickets, once you are out of gift tickets you are screwed and the chance roll is horrible
- AI is like racing mario kart more than a sim racing game, they rubber band like crazy, suddenly increase speed by 10-15kph then fall off again etc
- AI is way better on oval than race tracks
- AI often ignores you and drives through you, pretty frustrating on oval, often just need to stay well away from AI cars on slower corner entries
- Something really annoying with the UI, it always defaults your cursor selection to replay and auto starts replay, just such a waste of time and button clicks
- Engine sounds are pretty bad, there's almost no difference with upgrades, often most 4cly engines just sound identical

meh, maybe a bit of nit-picking but honestly no idea how this game is getting 10/10 reviews

Soldato
Got my new GT Omega wheel stand pro setup today with my trusty old T300RS, £109 for this is a bargain, it is very sturdy and solid and well built. Not played GT7 with a wheel before i have always used a pad.

Ahhh the days of sitting in your room, ignoring the entire world while you get fully emersed into a game. Enjoy it bud while you still can ;)

Soldato
Few things I've noticed
- race rewards are pretty stingy with pay-outs compared to the prices of some cars
- gift tickets have abysmal chance ratings on them, loads of people reporting the same on other forums and reddit
- apparently engine swaps can only be gotten by gift tickets, once you are out of gift tickets you are screwed and the chance roll is horrible
- AI is like racing mario kart more than a sim racing game, they rubber band like crazy, suddenly increase speed by 10-15kph then fall off again etc
- AI is way better on oval than race tracks
- AI often ignores you and drives through you, pretty frustrating on oval, often just need to stay well away from AI cars on slower corner entries
- Something really annoying with the UI, it always defaults your cursor selection to replay and auto starts replay, just such a waste of time and button clicks
- Engine sounds are pretty bad, there's almost no difference with upgrades, often most 4cly engines just sound identical

meh, maybe a bit of nit-picking but honestly no idea how this game is getting 10/10 reviews

Agree, I would say 8.5/10

Replay auto select is a pain.

For me FF on the controller is nowhere near that of the Forza franchise, that franchise has successively got worse but FF has always been top tier IMO.
RWD cars are too tail happy on controller even a sniff of throttle with even a tiny amount of steering input and it steps out. (I run no TC).

Back
Top Bottom